Local hurling match
Posted 14/05/2015 - 09:43
Link
There is some lovely lighting in these shots and nice metering as well ... Not being interested in sports these are the aspects that stand out for me. I can also appreciate the skill in focusing with that lens, so good job there!
I particularly like how the subjects stand out with the sunshine against the darker backgrounds.
I particularly like how the subjects stand out with the sunshine against the darker backgrounds.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 14/05/2015 - 10:06
Link
Wonderful use of a great lens...
Glad to see you're using and enjoying it
Glad to see you're using and enjoying it
David
Posted 14/05/2015 - 13:19
Link
Thanks guys. Like I said it was first time trying it. It's a very fast game so I enjoyed trying to keep up with the pace of it.
Derek
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 14/05/2015 - 20:12
Link
For a first attempt, you've done really well to capture these. As you say hurling is a very fast game (considered the fastest ball game in the world by some) and the ball is very small!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
Shot using k5iis and tokina atx sd 100-300 f4 manual focus.
Shot in manual, iso 800, f8, shutter 1/1600th
(just noticed some wonky horizons)