Local Competition Winner!
Posted 04/01/2012 - 23:29
Link
Great shots, well done. Surely some of the others there must have said they weren't proper pictures because they were taken with a Pentax!
John
John
John K
Posted 04/01/2012 - 23:37
Link
Quote:
To cut a long story short I came joint first out of 60 images
And you expect us to be surprised with a shot like that and I'm sure you've shown us this shot before, your just milking it aren't you To cut a long story short I came joint first out of 60 images
Seriously though, a well deserved win Danny, I bet it got a few whispered comments and nods of approval when it was shown.
As for the ducks, I'd have given that a 19 as its just a little tight in the frame. Some judges are just blinkered though.
Posted 06/01/2012 - 21:15
Link
Many thanks for the replies, appreciate the time.
Think the thing that really got to me most was the comments rather than the score as I can understand things such as the too tight framing like the Doc says, valid critique.
Thanks Alan, not often I get to blow my own trumpet, but that's cos I never enter anything! Will try harder this year though!
Will see what happens if they use the ducks again next round!
Think the thing that really got to me most was the comments rather than the score as I can understand things such as the too tight framing like the Doc says, valid critique.
JAK wrote:
Great shots, well done. Surely some of the others there must have said they weren't proper pictures because they were taken with a Pentax!
Should have seen their faces one evening when I pulled the 250-600 out on 'recommend some kit night!'. 'OK so it's a Pentax lens but which camera does it fit on?!'Great shots, well done. Surely some of the others there must have said they weren't proper pictures because they were taken with a Pentax!
Thanks Alan, not often I get to blow my own trumpet, but that's cos I never enter anything! Will try harder this year though!
Will see what happens if they use the ducks again next round!
Posted 06/01/2012 - 22:35
Link
Unlocker wrote:
Many thanks for the replies, appreciate the time.
Think the thing that really got to me most was the comments rather than the score as I can understand things such as the too tight framing like the Doc says, valid critique.
Could have been worse Danny. The judge could have dismissed your kingfisher as a "bird on a stick". It wouldn't be the first time.
Many thanks for the replies, appreciate the time.
Think the thing that really got to me most was the comments rather than the score as I can understand things such as the too tight framing like the Doc says, valid critique.
Posted 06/01/2012 - 23:19
Link
It got an 18 first round as well and both times we got the comment that it wasn't doing anything! Bit of a tongue in cheek comment was admitted though as it well well received anyway but that's not stopping me for trying for one with a fish in it's mouth this year!
Did want them to use this grebe shot for an action one but can't complain about the ones they picked, the clubs competition secretary knows the score far better than I do! Wonder how it would do?

Did want them to use this grebe shot for an action one but can't complain about the ones they picked, the clubs competition secretary knows the score far better than I do! Wonder how it would do?

Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2628 posts
16 years
Brighton,
England