Little Birdie dudies

Stuey

Link Posted 29/10/2010 - 21:11
Hello

I've had a day off work today and managed to visit my parents and take half an hour or so out to shoot a few little tweetie birds

Here are a few of the shots, all processed from raw to jpeg, all taken with my K10 + another of my old lenses, an NPS 400mm f5.9 mf/ m42.

C&C welcome, they are all cropped to some extent.

K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

matwhittington

Link Posted 29/10/2010 - 21:24
These are great! and I like the title! My faves are the blue tits, shots 1 and 3 in this set especially. I think shot 3 is the best although it needs a little 'pep' of some sort, to my mind. it looks sharp and I like the composition; the blue tit's expression and pose are very cool... maybe it needs a little more contrast and/or saturation

Top stuff though

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link

fatspider

Link Posted 29/10/2010 - 21:56
they defintely need some adjustments in levels and saturation, were they shot through glass?

If you need help in how to do it just ask.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Stuey

Link Posted 30/10/2010 - 16:07
Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments and offers of help.

These were not shot through glass (but I see your point) it seems to be a characteristic of this lens when used in poor light which this was.

I rushed the pp a little last night as the girlfriend wanted me to watch the tv with her

The Sparrow would have looked a looked a lot better with more of a tweak with the black slider in raw as this usually gets rid of the slightly washed out/ cloudy look.

As for the colours I was perhaps a little restrained with the sliders, I don't like overdoing it.

As for the detail I suspect that the wind has had an effect on the sharpness of the smaller feathers as everything else came up nice and sharp.

As for the help offered if you have any suggestions I am open to these or if you want to fiddle with the photo's feel free.

All shots were at iso 400 except I think for the sparrow which was iso 250.

K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.