Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Light seals on 645?

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 11/08/2012 - 20:03 Link
hi,

I'm awaiting delivery of a 645 (original version) in apparently near-perfect condition. From what I can gather, the film back has a light seal, but I can't find any information on replacement seal kits. I'll check it when it arrives but, is this the only light seal on the camera, and if it's in poor condition, where can I get a replacement?

Thanks
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
womble
Posted 15/08/2012 - 15:05 Link
I'm not sure you'll get a "seal kit" for the 645, you may well have to cut your own. Some of the seal kit vendors also sell the uncut materials. I have some somewhere...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
George in Georgia USA
Posted 19/11/2012 - 22:27 Link
Jon Goodman in the US would be a likely source. His kit for 35mm cams are about $10, precut and with instructions. I don't think he has a website, but his email is [email protected]. I ordered a kit for an Olympus OM 2n and he sent it to me in advance of my payment! All comments about him have been nothing but praise.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.