Light in Darkness

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/07/2021 - 22:07
At the right time of the year, at dusk, when the weather is cooperating, and when viewed from the right direction, a roof lantern is illuminated by the rays of the setting sun. I was lucky to be at the right place, at the right time and with the DA55-300mm on the K3. And here it is.

The roof lantern is on a school building. I was a governor of the school when the building went up. Things like the roof lantern were needed to keep the landlord happy. We regarded them at the time as costs that could have gone into something more useful for education. However, seeing as how it now provides an interesting opportunity for a photo, I now realise how far sighted we were to include the lantern in the design...

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 06/07/2021 - 11:04
Well , I like it.
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 06/07/2021 - 11:09
The underlining of the sun in the clouds makes the image for me. It also works well cropped to the bottom half, with just the lantern against the silhouetted townscape and the orange sky.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/07/2021 - 14:31
Thanks for the encouraging comments, folks.

Serge - Thanks for pointing out the second picture lurking within it. Cropping as suggested does indeed work. Two for the price of one!

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 11/07/2021 - 14:39
Well seen. Great colour and uniquely different.

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.