Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Light cubes

womble
Posted 25/05/2021 - 17:10 Link
A colleague would like to get one of those pop-up light tents, i.e., basically a translucent cube of white material, for photographing artefacts. The sort of thing that creates even, mainly shadow free, lighting and helps cut out reflections on shiny objects. I know we have one at the office... but the office has been more-or-less closed for a year.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality one? It doesn't need to be especially large.

Many thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
JonSchick
Posted 25/05/2021 - 19:16 Link
How big does it need to be? I have one with some LED lights and I think you perhaps live nearby? Happy to loan it out.
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link
Edited by JonSchick: 25/05/2021 - 19:16
LennyBloke
Posted 25/05/2021 - 20:47 Link
LennyBloke
womble
Posted 25/05/2021 - 21:25 Link
JonSchick wrote:
How big does it need to be? I have one with some LED lights and I think you perhaps live nearby? Happy to loan it out.

Thanks Jon, but it isn't for me but for a colleague in South Carolina! The offer is most appreciated, however.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
womble
Posted 25/05/2021 - 21:29 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
This might fit the bill....

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/lastolite-cubelite-65004

Thanks John. That one is in the wrong place, but it gave me a good link to follow to find something suitable. I've forwarded on the details.

Many thanks all, very helpful.
Kris Lockyear

My website
pschlute
Posted 25/05/2021 - 22:22 Link
womble wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
This might fit the bill....

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/lastolite-cubelite-65004

Thanks John. That one is in the wrong place, but it gave me a good link to follow to find something suitable. I've forwarded on the details.

Many thanks all, very helpful.

I could drive part of the way, but not to SC

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.