Lentney Battery

loadoftripe

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 16:51
Warning - photo blitz....

I went here on Wednesday to test an old Flash (after checking the trigger voltage) on the KP and 11-18mm DA*. It may not be everyone's cup of tea or to a professional level, but interesting if you google this place, apparently Grade Listed, but not protected from vandals or fenced off, obviously.

Not sure about the graffiti but a few years ago I don't remember it being this prolific. The weeds probably have done more damage, but vandals have been busy pulling out any electrical gear.
There is some mechanical parts left that I think is the Shell hoist?

The flash worked okay'ish, I think LOL. I have used titles to help guide me posting, apologies.

1. down we go under the gun emplacements,

2. Torture room...

3. one of the wider rooms;

4. Barred windows where the vandals haven't removed yet;

5. Doorways;

6. Inside view of windows;

7. Shell/Ammo hoist?

8. One of the Long rooms;

9. Lastly close up of the barred window

pschlute

Link Posted 14/01/2022 - 17:27
Interesting. There is a facebook group called "Abandoned Aesthetics" which these images would suit well.
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 15/01/2022 - 17:05
What a cool place to explore! I bet this place has a few stories to tell
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

K10D

Link Posted 16/01/2022 - 08:59
I love these places. Good coverage throughout. Always worth photographing places like this. You have done well to control the flash.

Some hot spots but without reflectors etc, balanced lighting in these conditions is far from straight forward.

No end of detail to sift through.

Best regards

loadoftripe

Link Posted 16/01/2022 - 12:31
Thanks guys.

The old flash is a Centon FG 30 D which is not TTL, ( came free with some other kit - P30N slr which was bundled with a Slide converter I wanted) I think the flash settings are 'directing' / telling the camera what to do and not the other way around?

The old A lens/camera would be set on the aperture ring 'A' and as I never had one (my then SLR kit was ME super and K1000) my knowledge is poor.

Looking back I think when I tried adjusting the aperture on the KP in 'P'rogram mode it had no response? - I think. But the place was totally dark/black in most places, I was even using Liveview too as that could 'see' better and helped me find my footsteps/way around. Even SWMBO kept close by.
Eerie place, never seen other people around.

pschlute

Link Posted 16/01/2022 - 14:38
loadoftripe wrote:

The old flash is a Centon FG 30 D which is not TTL, ( came free with some other kit - P30N slr which was bundled with a Slide converter I wanted) I think the flash settings are 'directing' / telling the camera what to do and not the other way around?

With any older non-P-TTL flash there is no comunication between the camera and flash apart from triggering it to fire.

The camera will be basing its exposure on ambient light only. Your flash in AUTO mode will be taking a reading from it's own light sensor and will be quenching the flash when it calculates enough output has lit the subject.

loadoftripe wrote:

Looking back I think when I tried adjusting the aperture on the KP in 'P'rogram mode it had no response?

With a live flash on the camera you are limited to no faster than flash sync-speed (1/180sec on the KP I think). If you try to change aperture that would require a shutter speed faster than that it wont let you.
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 16/01/2022 - 14:39

loadoftripe

Link Posted 16/01/2022 - 15:26
Thank you Peter that explains it very well.
The KP sync speed is indeed 1/180 sec and slower depending on program and lens.

regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.