Lens Question
Posted 02/07/2010 - 00:58
Link
errrr, Yes. Anything that worked on the K10D will work on the K-7.
and
maybe: HSM/SDM? But I don't do HSM (I think) so you'll need a black belt Peantaxian.
and
maybe: HSM/SDM? But I don't do HSM (I think) so you'll need a black belt Peantaxian.
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 02/07/2010 - 01:05
Link
dougf8 wrote:
errrr, Yes. Anything that worked on the K10D will work on the K-7.
and
maybe: HSM/SDM? But I don't do HSM (I think) so you'll need a black belt Peantaxian.
HSM works on K10D - but IIRC body needs updating to v1.3 firmware - which is pretty easy to do.errrr, Yes. Anything that worked on the K10D will work on the K-7.
and
maybe: HSM/SDM? But I don't do HSM (I think) so you'll need a black belt Peantaxian.
C
Posted 02/07/2010 - 01:26
Link
It's something like Hyper Sonic Motor(sigma)/Sonic Drive motor(pentax). The lens incorporates a motor to drive the auto focus instead of using the motor and drive pin in the camera body. It is supposed to be faster and quieter.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/07/2010 - 01:35
Link
THANK YOU all. It looks like I have ALOT to still learn.
Posted 02/07/2010 - 08:54
Link
I can confirm you need to have firmware 1.3 (free update) to have SDM work on the K10
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 02/07/2010 - 09:13
Link
I have it ( firmware 1.3) and it does work, the HSM is quiet.
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 02/07/2010 - 09:16
Link
bforbes wrote:
Sonic Drive motor(pentax).
Pentax has a more complicated full name for SDM, it's Supersonic Direct-drive Motor Sonic Drive motor(pentax).
here is the glossary http://www.pentax.co.uk/en/Photo_Lenses_Glossary.html
Pentax is using the K-mount for their lens mount so every lens with such a mount can be used.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



22 posts
16 years