Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Lens Price Increases!

shim
Posted 07/06/2009 - 09:13 Link
shim wrote:
Rees wrote:

Yes shim, I have friends in both the North & South of Ireland and the traffic across the border is unbelievable, particularly petrol. In May we stayed with friends in the South, after a couple of days they announced they were going to do their weekly shop, local supermarket I thought? no, a trip into the North were they filled up the car + petrol cans, did their shop at the Northern supermarket, clothes shopping, it was amazing how much they told me they saved.

It's nice to hear that someones benefiting, Good Luck to them!

shim

This just shows how greedy the wholesalers and shopkeepers are in Southern Ireland (or and other country), they can and probably do buy most of their stock from NI at the same price as the NI shops, because they are too greedy to pass on the savings to the customer. The customer has voted with their feet and gone straight to the NI shops leaving the greedy shops in the south with a lot less business.

shim
maff
Posted 07/06/2009 - 14:45 Link
Snootchies wrote:
maff wrote:
oh poop. This thread is making me want to buy the 50-135 lens now.
I just got a tamron 17-50mm instead of the 16-50 i was going to get.

I was thinking - if i was to get a 25000 loan to get the good interest rate, I could then pay back 24480 back the next month and pay the lens off over 15 years at 7%. that sounds affordable! probably never work though

Well... yelvertoft has just ordered a 50-135...Chris at SRS is saving one for me (almost 2 weeks to go till I get it!). If you consider how much they are going to be shortly it does pay to get now rather than later.

If you could, I would...

Oh dear - I couldn't resist, i'v ordered it from SRS. I hope it looks like a £200 lens when it arrives, because the wife will absolutely kill me if she ever finds out how much i just spent!
Oh well, it is an investment. Just need to learn how to take photos properly now and try and get it to pay for itself!
Oggy
Posted 07/06/2009 - 22:32 Link
I wonder what effects the price rises will have on second hand prices.
Comment Image
Mike-P
Posted 07/06/2009 - 22:57 Link
Oggy wrote:
I wonder what effects the price rises will have on second hand prices.

As most people seem to price their lenses on a percentage of the new price I would presume they will rise pro rata
johnriley
Posted 07/06/2009 - 23:00 Link
Second hand lenses will reflect new prices, so some big increases could be on the way.

Of course the pound could rally again, so maybe it won't last long.
Best regards, John
Oggy
Posted 09/06/2009 - 23:13 Link
You are all very bad people.

You have caused Oggy to stray from the path.

With the talk of increased prices, Chris at SRS should be sending a box to Oggy towers.

Mrs Oggy and I will be begging on the streets, but at least when I ask someone to take a picture of us, it should be good.
Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.