Lens Mount Screws.

AlB

Link Posted 10/04/2020 - 17:06
I've had a little accident using the new HD D-FA 70-210 f4 attached to my K3-II. To cut a long story short both the camera and lens are working as good as ever, however in the process of fixing the lens I managed to lose one of the screws holding the lens mount to the lens.
Does anyone know if there's a website showing the screws, i.e a maintenance manual or know what the screws are (i.e, M?*length) or where I can get one from (the Pentax UK service agent is closed due to Corvid 19)?
I've tried taking the screws from a couple of M series lens but they're much too short, as are the screws in some of more modern lens.

Any help would be appreciated,

Alan

RobL

Link Posted 10/04/2020 - 17:57
How on earth did you manage that? Obvious question but if you know where it happened is it worth scouring the area again? If you have one of those detectors for tracing pipes and cables in walls maybe itís worth a try.

AlB

Link Posted 10/04/2020 - 18:31
We've tried everything to find the screw Rob, no luck. The lens works fine without it, but it's not an ideal solution with the lens only a couple of months old. If it hadn't been Good Friday and everywhere shut I'd have probably posted it back to WEX and ended up with a massive bill, instead I had a go and managed to fix it, minus 1 screw.

Chrism8

Link Posted 10/04/2020 - 18:45
Try SRS next week, see if they can help re the lost screw.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

RobL

Link Posted 10/04/2020 - 19:16
How about sending WEX a photo of the mount with the screw missing, point out it must have been faulty and ask for return postage? They should exchange it FOC.

walkeja

Link Posted 11/04/2020 - 10:31
RobL wrote:
How about sending WEX a photo of the mount with the screw missing, point out it must have been faulty and ask for return postage? They should exchange it FOC.

Not if they have read this post!
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

barkin

Link Posted 11/04/2020 - 21:44
RobL wrote:

I don't know about "should", but I guess they might.
Personally speaking, my conscience wouldn't let me do that...

Mike-P

Link Posted 11/04/2020 - 22:11
I may be missing something here but can't you take one of the screws that are left back out and have a look at that?

Maybe take a photo of it next to a matchstick or something similar.
. My Flickr

Mike-P

Link Posted 11/04/2020 - 22:13
RobL wrote:

This is from someone who refuses to buy from the Chinese because of their dodgy practices?
. My Flickr

HarisF1

Link Posted 11/04/2020 - 23:59
Mike-P wrote:
RobL wrote:

This is from someone who refuses to buy from the Chinese because of their dodgy practices?

I think he misread the follow up post (referring to the possible Wex repair and money saved). I'd like to think that people aren't that malicious on here!
All the gear with no idea
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.