Lens hood 12-24mm

WobblyGoblin

Link Posted 01/04/2014 - 16:55
Afternoon All

I had a slight accident while on holiday in Iceland and the lens hood for my Samsung 12-24mm (essentially the same as the Pentax equivalent) fell off and was immediately blown over the edge of a cliff. Better than losing the entire lens, I suppose!

Anyway, I'm in the market for a replacement lens hood. The Pentax offical one is an eye-watering price for a piece of moulded plastic. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Incidentally, I performed an inadvertant cold conditions performance test of the K3. I can confirm it works perfectly well with a crust of ice over one side of the camera in sub zero conditions (estimate -9 C)
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...

Blythman

Link Posted 01/04/2014 - 17:12
Any good? Just found it. Don't know if its genuine or not

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-Sonnenblende-PH-RBI-77-fur-das-SMC-DA-4-0-12-24-E...
Alan

PPG
Flickr

Mike-P

Link Posted 01/04/2014 - 18:08
Surprisingly .... Amazon can supply one for 20 incl postage LINK
. My Flickr

Mannesty

Link Posted 02/04/2014 - 08:45
WobblyGoblin wrote:

Incidentally, I performed an inadvertent cold conditions performance test of the K3. I can confirm it works perfectly well with a crust of ice over one side of the camera in sub zero conditions (estimate -9 C)

If you check your EXIF data you'll find that the camera records its internal temperature.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

stevejcoe

Link Posted 02/04/2014 - 10:19
SRS have them for 18.99

Regards Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 02/04/2014 - 10:53
19.59 from the link at Amazon.

They seem very affordable, so maybe no need to look further than SRS?
Best regards, John

WobblyGoblin

Link Posted 02/04/2014 - 13:48
Thanks guys - rapid responses and very helpful (I love this forum).

I thought I'd checked SRS and thought it was more expensive. Must be going mad...

I still think 19 is a bit steep (although the best price out there!) but I'm unlikely to find anything equivalent. Looks like I'll place an order this afternoon.

Manesty - very interesting! I'll check some of the images tonight. If nothing else it will give me a better idea of the temperature than I currently have. The -9 was from a roadside temperature sensor about 15 mins from where we were watching for the lights.
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.