Lens clearance to camera
Posted 05/05/2009 - 22:06
Link
All Pentax lenses should fit but it is conceivable that some independent ones, especially older ones, may not.
I've never come across it as a problem though.
I've never come across it as a problem though.
Best regards, John
Posted 06/05/2009 - 12:27
Link
I have a Tamron 500mm mirror lens and it fits my K10D without any problem. There is a part of the lens that is thinner where the bayonet mount is and where the rear mounted filters sit.
I do gather that there are some that cause a problem, however I am not aware that this includes Sigma mirrors and I know for a fact the Tamron one fits. I can post a picture if you like, though that will have tobe tonight, and I will have to use my phone to take the picture!
I do gather that there are some that cause a problem, however I am not aware that this includes Sigma mirrors and I know for a fact the Tamron one fits. I can post a picture if you like, though that will have tobe tonight, and I will have to use my phone to take the picture!
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Posted 06/05/2009 - 15:45
Link
I have the Sigma 600mm mirror lens and that fits fine as do both versions of the Tamron 500mm (55B & 55BB) and the Tamron 350mm (06B).
While not really an issue for long lenses, including mirrors, I think its worth pointing out that any large diameter lens may produce a shadow when using the on-board flash. I have found this particularly with the Sigma 10-20 and even the Pentax DA*16-50. This is cured by using a separate flash unit, fitted to the camera or stand-alone.
Glyn
While not really an issue for long lenses, including mirrors, I think its worth pointing out that any large diameter lens may produce a shadow when using the on-board flash. I have found this particularly with the Sigma 10-20 and even the Pentax DA*16-50. This is cured by using a separate flash unit, fitted to the camera or stand-alone.
Glyn
Posted 07/05/2009 - 14:35
Link
Thanks for all the input !
Mannesty, I see your point. My bellows is a t-mount and the adapter allowed for just enough room to fit. I didn't have a grip to deal with.
Beakynet and GlynM the Tamron 500's you have are adapt-alls? I know the extension at the back helps in clearing the nose of the camera. I was wondering if you had any experience with the older fat barrel t-mount type. They stay full diameter right up to the point of the mount. I'm guessing, the more I look and measure, they won't clear.
I appreciate the help.
Mannesty, I see your point. My bellows is a t-mount and the adapter allowed for just enough room to fit. I didn't have a grip to deal with.
Beakynet and GlynM the Tamron 500's you have are adapt-alls? I know the extension at the back helps in clearing the nose of the camera. I was wondering if you had any experience with the older fat barrel t-mount type. They stay full diameter right up to the point of the mount. I'm guessing, the more I look and measure, they won't clear.
I appreciate the help.
Posted 08/05/2009 - 15:16
Link
I believe there can be problems with some of the REALLY long or fast aperture russian mirrors, but the "normal" ~500mm F8 ones are fine as far as I know.
My Centon T mount one was fine, it was a terrible lens, but physically it fitted fine.
My Centon T mount one was fine, it was a terrible lens, but physically it fitted fine.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


13 posts
17 years
USA
Another question.
Has anyone had problems mounting larger diameter mirror lenses on the K200 or other dslr's. The popup flash housing seems to extend pretty far out. I don't have a lens, but I mounted my t-adapter and there's still about 5mm to go before clearing the camera.
Do all lenses fit? are there some I should avoid?
I appreciate any input, Thanks