Lee filter Big Stopper
Posted 05/05/2010 - 17:16 - Helpful Comment
Link
did you ask SRS or Teamwork Digital? FotoSense and Morris Photo also seem to carry filters, but don't know if it's the one you're looking for...
Bret
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 05/05/2010 - 18:17 - Helpful Comment
Link
US: try Adorama Cameras in New York or B and H, also in New York.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/05/2010 - 20:41
Link
womble wrote:
US: try Adorama Cameras in New York or B and H, also in New York.
K.
Hi, just tried the Adorama camera, no good. But what is the B and H, I tried to google it, but got nothing. US: try Adorama Cameras in New York or B and H, also in New York.
K.
regards
Posted 05/05/2010 - 20:44 - Helpful Comment
Link
Hi - B and H is bhphotovideo in Manhattan. I think they're possibly the biggest photography shop in the world, and they do ship to UK. What is also good is that they will include customs fee in their pricing so you know exactly what you will pay and don't have to wait for customs assessment when it arrives in the UK.
Amazon.com (as opposed to dot uk) may also be worth a look.
Hope this helps,
Jon
Amazon.com (as opposed to dot uk) may also be worth a look.
Hope this helps,
Jon
Posted 05/05/2010 - 20:55
Link
JonSchick wrote:
Hi - B and H is bhphotovideo in Manhattan. I think they're possibly the biggest photography shop in the world, and they do ship to UK. What is also good is that they will include customs fee in their pricing so you know exactly what you will pay and don't have to wait for customs assessment when it arrives in the UK.
Amazon.com (as opposed to dot uk) may also be worth a look.
Hope this helps,
Jon
Hi. Found the B&H, but they have it but are out of stock as well, and amazon doesn't have one yet.Hi - B and H is bhphotovideo in Manhattan. I think they're possibly the biggest photography shop in the world, and they do ship to UK. What is also good is that they will include customs fee in their pricing so you know exactly what you will pay and don't have to wait for customs assessment when it arrives in the UK.
Amazon.com (as opposed to dot uk) may also be worth a look.
Hope this helps,
Jon
regards
Posted 05/05/2010 - 21:12
Link
Susan that was not what I meant, they sell these variable ND filters, the one in my link goes from 9 to 12 stops. It's a totally different product and they don't supply square format filters I believe.
You can try Hi-tech, not so high-quality as Lee but still good. link
density 3 is 10 stops so the same as Lee big stopper
You can try Hi-tech, not so high-quality as Lee but still good. link
density 3 is 10 stops so the same as Lee big stopper
Posted 05/05/2010 - 21:17
Link
Anvh wrote:
Susan that was not what I meant, they sell these variable ND filters, the one in my link goes from 9 to 12 stops. It's a totally different product and they don't supply square format filters I believe.
You can try Hi-tech, not so high-quality as Lee but still good. link
density 3 is 10 stops so the same as Lee big stopper
Hi, I was looking for a square 10 stop filter as I already have a B&W screw on ND110, but I find it very difficult screwing it on and off.Susan that was not what I meant, they sell these variable ND filters, the one in my link goes from 9 to 12 stops. It's a totally different product and they don't supply square format filters I believe.
You can try Hi-tech, not so high-quality as Lee but still good. link
density 3 is 10 stops so the same as Lee big stopper
regards
Posted 05/05/2010 - 21:28
Link
Try Teamwork - a "Pro" shop (they do mailorder as well) :
http://www.teamworkphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14764
http://www.teamworkphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14764
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE -THE BIG STOPPER IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK ( as of 6th April 2010).
We are currently still taking orders for the filter but the lead time delivery is currently 8 weeks- Please only place a web order if you are happy to accept the current delivery time frame and we will process your order as soon as the big stopper arrives.
As an alternative option - We have Heliopan 10 stop screw in glass filters in most sizes, Being a glass filter it gives a much better colour rendition.
PLEASE NOTE -THE BIG STOPPER IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK ( as of 6th April 2010).
We are currently still taking orders for the filter but the lead time delivery is currently 8 weeks- Please only place a web order if you are happy to accept the current delivery time frame and we will process your order as soon as the big stopper arrives.
As an alternative option - We have Heliopan 10 stop screw in glass filters in most sizes, Being a glass filter it gives a much better colour rendition.
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Posted 05/05/2010 - 23:14
Link
abesad wrote:
Hi, I was looking for a square 10 stop filter as I already have a B&W screw on ND110, but I find it very difficult screwing it on and off.
regards
Just don't screw it on so tight, when you feel you need to use more power to turn it's already enough. It only needs to keep the filter onto the lens and it would't unscrew itselves so easily.Hi, I was looking for a square 10 stop filter as I already have a B&W screw on ND110, but I find it very difficult screwing it on and off.
regards
You're btw lucky you've a B+W with any other brand your filter might be stuck by now
Posted 05/05/2010 - 23:15
Link
[quote:3496ace15f="flossie"]Try Teamwork - a "Pro" shop (they do mailorder as well) :
]http://www.teamworkphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14764[...
8 weeks delivery
]http://www.teamworkphoto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14764[...
8 weeks delivery
Posted 06/05/2010 - 16:16 - Helpful Comment
Link
Have you tried
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1762
listed but not sure if its in stock without ringing
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1762
listed but not sure if its in stock without ringing
Posted 06/05/2010 - 16:40
Link
SteveT wrote:
Have you tried
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1762
listed but not sure if its in stock without ringing
Thank you,Have you tried
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1762
listed but not sure if its in stock without ringing
regards susan
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



77 posts
17 years
Shetland Islands
regards susan