Leaning Pics Update
Posted 06/05/2009 - 22:18
Link
Simply keep your camera straight or if it's the sensor you need to send it in to Pentax to correct it, nothing to do against it I think.
You've a good tripod so with that and a tool to see if it's level you should be fine.
You've a good tripod so with that and a tool to see if it's level you should be fine.
Posted 08/05/2009 - 12:54
Link
I'm just interested if anyone has sent there camera back to Pentax and if so what was the outcome.
Posted 08/05/2009 - 13:11
Link
I've readed your problem in the other topic Richard and it could be many things.
You said your photos are leaning to the right, I also have that problem because you press the button so you induce the lean yourself.
It might also be that the focus screen is putt in straight you could test that by aligning a photo on the tripod with the marks on the focus screen and one with using the sides of the viewfinder.
If all of the above isn't the problem your prism, mirror or SR needs to be realigned.
The Pentax service is now this month not send to Pentax anymore but handeled by another company.
You said your photos are leaning to the right, I also have that problem because you press the button so you induce the lean yourself.
It might also be that the focus screen is putt in straight you could test that by aligning a photo on the tripod with the marks on the focus screen and one with using the sides of the viewfinder.
If all of the above isn't the problem your prism, mirror or SR needs to be realigned.
The Pentax service is now this month not send to Pentax anymore but handeled by another company.
Posted 08/05/2009 - 14:25
Link
I thought I had this problem until I set up the camera on a tripod with a level on the mounting plate, I took a few test shots, then it became clear that it was the way I hold the camera.(Large nose gets in the way).
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 08/05/2009 - 15:52
Link
Photographers have always suffered from leaning shots and the simple answer is if you always lean one way, compensate when you take the shot by leaning slightly the other way.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



607 posts
20 years