Leaderfoot Viaduct - again!
Posted 03/09/2014 - 23:05
Link
1,4 and 6 are my favourites, but I like the dramatics sky's in them all. Where abouts is the last one taken?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 03/09/2014 - 23:22
Link
Thanks Barrie, the last one was taken on the walk back to the car.
I parked on the north side of the Tweed, just below the new road bridge. A wee gate takes you down to the fisherman's hut, through the woods.
I know what I mean, I just hope it makes sense!
I parked on the north side of the Tweed, just below the new road bridge. A wee gate takes you down to the fisherman's hut, through the woods.
I know what I mean, I just hope it makes sense!
Cheers
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Posted 04/09/2014 - 12:15
Link
Number 1 is the standout for me in terms of composition. Love the sky and reflection in number 2 - which works better for me in landscape than the portrait version in number 3.
Number 4 The more I look at it - the more I like it. Is there a slight processing issue along the top of the tree line on the far right and where the hill meets the sky on the left between the arches? Looks to me as if there is a thin halo line here but may just be my eyes or monitor
All in all - lovely set - wish I had taken them!
Carl
Number 4 The more I look at it - the more I like it. Is there a slight processing issue along the top of the tree line on the far right and where the hill meets the sky on the left between the arches? Looks to me as if there is a thin halo line here but may just be my eyes or monitor
All in all - lovely set - wish I had taken them!
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 04/09/2014 - 13:53
Link
Thank you all for your comments.
The sky made it, if it had been any different, these would not have had the impact.
Yres Carl, there is slight haloing, a tad overexcited in LightRoom perhaps , so it's not your eyes or monitor
Very happy with the set and #2 being my favourite, but the wife prefers #6…
The sky made it, if it had been any different, these would not have had the impact.
Yres Carl, there is slight haloing, a tad overexcited in LightRoom perhaps , so it's not your eyes or monitor
Very happy with the set and #2 being my favourite, but the wife prefers #6…
Cheers
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Ali
ist* DS & Ricoh GR
Posted 04/09/2014 - 14:23
Link
I like the 1st and 4th, strong composition and interesting perspective/framing!
D-FA28-105 | FA43 | K55 | DA100 Macro | DA*300
Pentax K1 | Pentax K-01 | Pentax MZ-S | Pentax MZ-5n
Flickr Photostream
Pentax K1 | Pentax K-01 | Pentax MZ-S | Pentax MZ-5n
Flickr Photostream
Posted 04/09/2014 - 15:06
Link
1 and 2 for me, landscape format works best on 2 I think.
Not overly keen on the processing personally, but it's interesting and illustrative and gives it an edge in the right situation.
I also like the last one
Not overly keen on the processing personally, but it's interesting and illustrative and gives it an edge in the right situation.
I also like the last one
Posted 04/09/2014 - 16:31
Link
for me - #1 - simply stunning - love the bridge framing the Viaduct
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


375 posts
18 years
Scotland
Especially as it's only 20mins away!
1. Taken under the old road bridge, with the viaduct in the background
2. Taken from the top of the old road bridge.
3. Portrait format, same place...
4. Down on the bank, right underneath it now.
5. Toned in LR, from the riverbank.
6. The walk to the bridges, through the wee arch from the fisherman's hut. The figure helps, IMHO anyway.
All processed in Lightroom 5, and taken with my K3 and Sigma 8-156mm, my other 2 lenses away for repair
Any questions or comments, ask away.
Thanks
Ali