Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

LBA

gartmore
Posted 23/01/2009 - 08:39 Link
Couldn't help myself Pentax-A 645 200mm f4, only £60 on eBay and arrived 30 minutes ago, seen here with the 2X telecoverter that Jessops were selling for £500 and I picked up for £45. Not quite as covenient as a Km.

Comment Image
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
womble
Posted 23/01/2009 - 08:54 Link
Very nice. I keep eyeing up the 6x7 stuff on ebay, not through any logic but I always liked that SLR-on-steroids look of the 6x7s. £60 seems a bargain to me!

Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
gartmore
Posted 23/01/2009 - 09:09 Link
Kris, I think it is a bargain. The usual places have them from £159 (E+) to £369 (mint), I would say this one is mint. It was a poor listing, '... I dont know much about this...' etc. and oof picture. There was only one other bidder but I got it by the skin of my teeth - 90p! The set-up in the picture weighs 2.5Kg and is 360mm long.

Ebay has had a lot of 67 stuff on lately, I've always wanted on too. I used to use a Mamiya RB67 and changed to Mamiya 645 when they came out. When I had to buy my own MF camera it had to be Pentax of course.

I'm bidding on a Polaroid back at the moment. Got to go, there are two men in white coats at the door.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
shim
Posted 23/01/2009 - 09:17 Link
gartmore wrote:

I'm bidding on a Polaroid back at the moment. Got to go, there are two men in white coats at the door.

I thought Polaroid film had been discontinued? What type does it take 47? I've still got a 5x4 back and a couple of cameras. Not used them for years. One has a decent lens on it Rodenstock in a Prontor.

Edit: Looks like Type 600 is readily available. The BBC reported that Polaroid had stopped making film link

Seems to be quite a bit on ebay and it should keep in a freezer. Can't see any Type 47 (3000 ASA)so I don't think I'll be using my old camera again.

shim
Edited by shim: 23/01/2009 - 09:40
gartmore
Posted 23/01/2009 - 09:22 Link
You can still get Fuji apparently. I know someone who has just bought 1000 rolls of tri-x, stockpiling or what?
Ken
hefty1
Posted 23/01/2009 - 10:28 Link
That's an impressive looking beast! I'm still waiting for prices to drop even further but I do fancy a 67 one day...
Joining the Q
gartmore
Posted 23/01/2009 - 15:51 Link
Shim, Calumet have a huge variety of Polaroid and Fuji instant films. I dont really need the thing, but.

If I'm shooting film, which is usually under studio conditions, I use the DS as a sort of light meter cum polaroid anyway.

Ken
Ken
shim
Posted 23/01/2009 - 18:47 Link
gartmore wrote:
Shim, Calumet have a huge variety of Polaroid and Fuji instant films. I dont really need the thing, but.

If I'm shooting film, which is usually under studio conditions, I use the DS as a sort of light meter cum polaroid anyway.

Ken

Thanks Ken I might see if there was an alternative to type 47 which was discontinued years ago. I know Type 42 was one option, but it was slow speed. I'm not really bothered, because digital has really made Polaroid redundant.

shim
gartmore
Posted 23/01/2009 - 19:41 Link
shim wrote:
gartmore wrote:

Ken

Thanks Ken I might see if there was an alternative to type 47 which was discontinued years ago. I know Type 42 was one option, but it was slow speed. I'm not really bothered, because digital has really made Polaroid redundant.

shim

But...!

Have you seen their new camera, there's an article in the current AP. Digi 'compact' with printer built in. They just can let it go.
Ken
shim
Posted 24/01/2009 - 15:04 Link
gartmore wrote:

Have you seen their new camera, there's an article in the current AP. Digi 'compact' with printer built in. They just can let it go.

Seems the trend nowadays promote idiots to positions of total imcompetence
and let them ruin the company. Digital Polaroid Nah!!

I'd sooner have a Holga Polga It can take pictures like this

He won't run short of Polaroid Film

shim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.