LBA

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 26/08/2021 - 21:39
Well, with my LBA solved and armed with my very heavy Sigma 50-500mm lens (APO, HSM and all that) we went to hunt wildfowl.

Blue Billed Duck attack at full speed, head on at Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Gloucestershire, UK.

The impact of this image was helped by the viewing area being lower than normal and so just above the water level itself.

Pentax K-S2, f8, 1/1000th sec, 290mm (Sigma 50-500mm lens) and 400 ISO - hand held.
Tis an exceedingly heavy lens and great that one can rest it on fenceposts and suchlike occassionally!
It works, and I am happy with this shot. - what do you think?

Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Last Edited by GrumpyGrandPa on 26/08/2021 - 22:18

vic cross

Link Posted 27/08/2021 - 00:58
Great shot. Great lens. I've got the original 50 500 screw drive and it will be out this weekend at Silverstone for the M/C GP. I use a monopod to take the weight. At 82 I find it a bit heavy to lug around all day without it.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 27/08/2021 - 09:13
Looks like you have found the perfect lens.
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 27/08/2021 - 10:46
Nice duck, nice angle, nice picture.

Steve

Helpful

davidwozhere

Link Posted 28/08/2021 - 00:14
Definitely a duck with a mission. Super shot - fence post or no.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 28/08/2021 - 08:56
Thanks all for your comments.

Maybe I do not need to consider buying more lenses??????

Lubbyman

Link Posted 28/08/2021 - 10:40
GrumpyGrandPa wrote:
Maybe I do not need to consider buying more lenses??????

Wrong conclusion. Since having the Sigma has let you get this picture, just think what acquiring another lens (or three) would enable you to do (particularly if it wasn't back-breakingly heavy)...

Steve

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.