Latest from the rumour mill......
Posted 11/01/2009 - 16:31
Link
Any rumours on the differences between K20D and K30D?
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 11/01/2009 - 16:43
Link
misiek_knm wrote:
Any rumours on the differences between K20D and K30D?
I suspect GPS as one of the features because there were allready rumours about a K20D Mk-II with an added GPS receiver.Any rumours on the differences between K20D and K30D?
Higher resolution APS-C? I don't know if there is allready a higher res CMOS in this size.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 11/01/2009 - 19:13
Link
No specifics yet.
Not sure how reliable the rumours are, so take them with a huge pinch of salt.
Not sure how reliable the rumours are, so take them with a huge pinch of salt.
Posted 11/01/2009 - 19:36
Link
I just bought K20D so maybe I even shouldn't read anything about the new one
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 11/01/2009 - 19:43
Link
Michal, that always happens! Just after I got my K20D the price dropped dramatically, and the rumours began. But if you always wait for the next best thing you never buy a camera and miss out on so much fun. Enjoy your K20D and don't worry to much about the next model.
Posted 11/01/2009 - 21:01
Link
misiek_knm wrote:
I just bought K20D so maybe I even shouldn't read anything about the new one
Console yourself with the thought that the K30D will be horrendously expensive for the first few months at least. It's always good economically to be one model behind!
I just bought K20D so maybe I even shouldn't read anything about the new one
~Pete
Posted 11/01/2009 - 21:12
Link
I skipped the k20 entirely.
hoping the next big thing from Pentax will be worth upgrading from the k10's....
hoping the next big thing from Pentax will be worth upgrading from the k10's....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 11/01/2009 - 21:39
Link
I know In a matter of fact I planned to buy a K10D a year ago, but then I had unexpected expenses and then K20D appeared.
But it's all the same with computers. I don't buy latest / newest accessories knowing that after half of a year they will be much cheaper
But it's all the same with computers. I don't buy latest / newest accessories knowing that after half of a year they will be much cheaper
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 11/01/2009 - 21:46
Link
Don wrote:
I skipped the k20 entirely.
hoping the next big thing from Pentax will be worth upgrading from the k10's....
I did the same with the K10D. I had a *ist-DS and I was temped to get a K10D but I waited a little and got a K20D instead.I skipped the k20 entirely.
hoping the next big thing from Pentax will be worth upgrading from the k10's....
With most technologies I skip a generation before considering buying a new one.
The same goes for computers, I skip a complete processor generation before buying a new computer (mostly about every 4 years)
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 12/01/2009 - 00:15
Link
misiek_knm,
in your signature, it says you have a DA16-54. Is it the long awaited f:.90?
in your signature, it says you have a DA16-54. Is it the long awaited f:.90?
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 12/01/2009 - 00:44
Link
What's 4mm between friends?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 12/01/2009 - 01:39
Link
womble wrote:
What's 4mm between friends?
Since there isnt a * it would be 9mm and that's a lot What's 4mm between friends?
About the rumours we are still waiting for the DA* 55, DA* 60-250 and the ringflash that should come this month.
The KxxD where always the first to be replaced and if we look at the spacing between the current models it would be the end of this year it would come out.
I would be more then glad though to see a K30D this month since I was planning to buy one begin next year the price would have dropped quite a bit
Posted 12/01/2009 - 22:14
Link
pentaxian450 wrote:
misiek_knm,
in your signature, it says you have a DA16-54. Is it the long awaited f:.90?
Monty Python mode on No, it doesn't misiek_knm,
in your signature, it says you have a DA16-54. Is it the long awaited f:.90?
I think I should be more careful when typing in numbers...
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



10344 posts
20 years
The Netherlands
No DA 15 Limited Pancake
No DA*30
K300D and K30D announced on 23rd and 30 January.
Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.