Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Landrover in a hedge

1stEverPentax
Posted 29/04/2017 - 12:02 Link
Further to Mike's posting of the derelict Jags yesterday I nipped out earlier to where I remember seeing this Landrover 'parked' in a quiet lane nearby.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
davidwozhere
Posted 30/04/2017 - 00:39 Link
Like the Jags, there must be a bob or two in spare parts there.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Chrism8
Posted 30/04/2017 - 09:07 Link
Further to the above posting, this is an old, looks like wartime tow truck in a bramble just off the A38 in Cornwall

Comment Image
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Gwyn
Posted 30/04/2017 - 09:12 Link
I forwarded a link to my LR loving youngest son. He is currently in Wales with his father-out-law green laneing.
He is doing up an ancient LR pickup in his spare time. Another son has a LR as well, also ancient.

Youngest just whatsapped a reply - sacrilege!
cardiffgareth
Posted 30/04/2017 - 10:07 Link
Man I would love to pull that, what looks like, a Series 2a out of there and in my garage! Body looks great still, just depends on the chassis and outriggers but on the looks of it, looks an easy project to get back on the road.

Begs the question, why is it there!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
1stEverPentax
Posted 30/04/2017 - 11:36 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
Like the Jags, there must be a bob or two in spare parts there.

Yeah, you would have thought so wouldn't you.

Gwyn wrote:
I forwarded a link to my LR loving youngest son. He is currently in Wales with his father-out-law green laneing.
He is doing up an ancient LR pickup in his spare time. Another son has a LR as well, also ancient.

Youngest just whatsapped a reply - sacrilege!

I can well understand that reaction Gwyn...and I don't have the ability to restore it.

cardiffgareth wrote:
Man I would love to pull that, what looks like, a Series 2a out of there and in my garage! Body looks great still, just depends on the chassis and outriggers but on the looks of it, looks an easy project to get back on the road.

Begs the question, why is it there!

I agree. As to why its still there I can't really say. Apparently its 'been there for donkey's years' according to a guy I met who was visiting a nearby property in the 2 minutes I was there taking the images.

Its down a single track lane which is a dead end with a farm and other property at the end...probably most locals don't even know its there. I only discovered it by chance when i was doing some temporary work for the council last October/November.

If anybody might be seriously interested in trying to acquire it i'm happy to approach owners of the two nearest properties to find out if they own it and prepared to see it go to a good home! I could always take pair of hedge cutters and see if i could open the door to take more detailed pics of the condition.

Karlo
cardiffgareth
Posted 30/04/2017 - 11:42 Link
Karlo, where abouts is it / you located?
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 30/04/2017 - 14:24 Link
Hi Karlo,

Nice Land-Rover, a neighbour has rebuilt one very similar, it's his pride and joy now!

Here's a couple more photos of the Jags plus one of a weird tracked vehicle that was nearby.
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Cheers
Mike
cardiffgareth
Posted 30/04/2017 - 15:20 Link
That Jag = money!
Gareth Williams ARPS

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
1stEverPentax
Posted 30/04/2017 - 18:38 Link
Hi Gareth,

i'm just to the west of Northwich, Cheshire...quite a way from you. Would you like me to enquire further to see what I can find out about it...its on a private lane so i'm assuming someone must claim ownership of it
but its not in anyones garden as far as I can tell.

Thanks Mike for those other images...No.2 is a great shot of it.

regards Karlo
derek897
Posted 30/04/2017 - 19:41 Link
Really liking these images
I know what i like, If not always why.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.