Lake District walks (3)

jvs

Link Posted 08/05/2022 - 21:02
Last of this sequence goes to Little Langdale - a "low level" area I'm not familiar with, but just as appealing as "the tops", I'm sure you will agree. Also has a National Trust site preserving the old slate mines/quarries that gave up so much of the characteristic building material in the Lake District.

1 Panoramic view including Little Langdale Tarn - 3 shots stitched together

2 The start at Elterwater

4 Slater Bridge

5 from the other side!

6 The slate mines

9 What a place to live - in good weather anyway!

11 The Langdale Pikes in the background

12 Back to the start point at Elterwater

John

LennyBloke

Link Posted 09/05/2022 - 07:37
Enjoyed all three sets John - they remind me of that phrase "it's not the destination, it's the journey"

The panorama is so simple and classic - a real winner, the slate mines look a great stop off point too
LennyBloke

jvs

Link Posted 10/05/2022 - 16:24
Thanks, John. I think you're right - no stiff mountain climbs here, but a lovely wander through very attractive scenery with lots to catch the eye.
John

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 17/05/2022 - 13:48
7 is great with that outline of a humanoid to give a sense of scale
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

jvs

Link Posted 19/05/2022 - 16:47
A stroke of luck, Gareth! The people appeared just as I was getting ready to take the shot and looked like they would get out of the way quickly when they saw me. I called out to them, "Just stay there a second, please!" Fortunately they did - and, I think, made a big difference to the effectiveness of the image.
John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.