Lake district this weekend..

chaude

Link Posted 19/12/2011 - 00:06
Second trip to the Lakes in a month, much better this time, with some actual snow and clear skies. Still forcing myself into using the 31mm! Think I've managed to get something out of it finally.
See what you think, and what could I do better at!

First go at HDR - Thirlmere

Not sure which direction was I looking at.

Harsh conditions for a while

Waterfall

Mountain opposite the hut we stayed

Much better day on sunday but was doing a graded climb, can't take pics when racing against time!

Frogfish

Link Posted 19/12/2011 - 10:19
My goodness it looks too cold there to be doing any climbing ! I like #3 the best, the people give you a sense of scale and how deep the snow actually is, be better if we can see their faces though.

The last shot also looks very interesting however it's tough to be impressed when such a grand scale is covered by such a small image - I'd bet it would look great when blown-up.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

trickletreat

Link Posted 19/12/2011 - 12:30
There is something odd and distracting along the far valley side in number 1.
I like the colours and perspective in the waterfall photograph.
The final one is very nice and a good letterbox shape.

My favourite is the third, real atmosphere and love the colours.
Nigel

womble

Link Posted 19/12/2011 - 14:08
I like the third one but try making the whites a bit more white. They look a tad too grey for my taste. The first one looks very strange, I thought it was one of those poladroid images at first.

It looks just a tad cold...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.