lake district

gartmore

Link Posted 23/09/2008 - 14:24
I was working in the Lake District at the weekend and managed a couple of shots for myself. C+C welcome.

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

simonkit

Link Posted 23/09/2008 - 18:01
Great light rays, the shot shows quite a bit of noise, especially as you only used Iso 200 - have you processed it to drken the shadows ?

simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

gartmore

Link Posted 23/09/2008 - 18:48
simonkit wrote:
Great light rays, the shot shows quite a bit of noise, especially as you only used Iso 200 - have you processed it to drken the shadows ?

simon

I used a tiny touch of pseudo HDR which I've been experimenting with, you seem to be able to add noise selectively to a colour or tone although I dont think that was the designers' intention! Here it is untouched apart from the mono conversion, what do you think?

Ken

Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Darkmunk

Link Posted 23/09/2008 - 20:19
It's a beautiful image Ken. Looks really nice cropped down to a letterbox too.
Facebook Page
Plymouth Photographer

Joshua Hakin

Link Posted 23/09/2008 - 21:02
cool! I love those sun beams!
Actually... I am a personal fan of grainy pics... I say go the other way and add film grain in photoshop!!
Its a nicer pattern than digital noise... and might add a touch to ethereal feel you have going here!
either way... cool!

Nimitz

Link Posted 24/09/2008 - 10:52
Ken, I'm pretty sure you can avoid the noise - and have the same result as # 1 if you use some level correction and some dodge and burn.

After all it is a very powerfull shot - lovely light and it deserves some hard work
www.mieritz.net

Mannesty

Link Posted 24/09/2008 - 21:20
Great image. Well done . . . for having a job that takes you to such places . . . and lets you play too.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

GivingTree

Link Posted 25/09/2008 - 08:42
I like the dramatic contrast in the first one. If you can selectively add noise, can you selectively remove it?
You know, the more I look at it, the more I think you could crop out the dark clouds at the top - they seem to weigh the picture down.
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link

womble

Link Posted 25/09/2008 - 12:33
GivingTree wrote:
I like the dramatic contrast in the first one. If you can selectively add noise, can you selectively remove it?
You know, the more I look at it, the more I think you could crop out the dark clouds at the top - they seem to weigh the picture down.

I tried cropping this by scrolling the post in Firefox It does seem better with less of the cloud at the top, but I wouldn't get rid of all of it. Having said that, I really like this photo and it works nicely in BW. Great shot.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.