Kokerbine Rock

K10D
Posted 05/07/2014 - 10:23 Link
The first image is one of the last I took. Arrived there this morning in thick fog. Climbed up and expected the fog to clear. It didn't. In fact I had to sit for half an hour as I couldn't see the way back down!

Comment Image


foggy

Comment Image


Comment Image


So, stuck for subject matter, I spotted these

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Blythman
Posted 05/07/2014 - 10:26 Link
Best laid plans eh Gary !!

Some excellent web shots there. Interesting that they are all at ISO 400. Any particular reason?
Alan


PPG
Flickr
K10D
Posted 05/07/2014 - 11:02 Link
Although foggy, there was a slight breeze which was what lead me to assume the fog would clear whilst I was up there. I probably took the ISO up to 400 to gain a slightly higher shutter speed.

It was like being on the set of Brigadoon.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
techno-terminator
Posted 05/07/2014 - 11:10 Link
Love the web shots , particularly the fourth one because of the soft colours you managed to capture .

Do tell - for idiots like me - how do you take them ?
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
K10D
Posted 05/07/2014 - 11:19 Link
All comments appreciated.

All with K3 and 100mm macro, MF and used the tripod as a mono pod (all three legs extended to half height but closed and the ball head slightly loose).

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Stuey
Posted 06/07/2014 - 13:37 Link
I like these - particularly the first web
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
McGregNi
Posted 06/07/2014 - 17:38 Link
The misty murk has added some real atmosphere and you were right to focus down onto the close foreground, and the crisp rock and brittle plant life have a real bite. Close ups all work well too with rich but natural colours. Thanks for showing us some tidbits from this most unusual landscape.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 06/07/2014 - 17:39
Posted 06/07/2014 - 19:57 Link
Lovely set, and really like the orb spider webs, on my list of to do/capture
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo