kiron macro repair
Posted 03/06/2008 - 07:40
Link
Quote:
Any recommendations where I should send it?
You might contact this guy, although I realise he's not exactly on your doorstep.Any recommendations where I should send it?
He fixed the iris on a Sigma 400mm AF lens I had last year, charged me £40 including parts which he happened to have despite Sigma themselves telling me that it was no longer repairable. He's local to me, so postage costs aren't a factor.
Genuine bloke, very decent, AFAICT from one encounter.
Posted 03/06/2008 - 14:58
Link
thanks Chris, I'll drop that guy an e-mail and see what he thinks.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2891 posts
19 years
Wiltshire,
England
So now I'm thinking about trying to have it repaired. The focus sticks at about 1:1.2 and the focus ring has become offset from where it should be so that the markings don't line up with the correct distances. I think it probably just needs a professional to dismantle it, clean it up, lubricate it and put it back together.
Any recommendations where I should send it?
but it does help