Kew Gardens
Posted 05/05/2009 - 15:43
Link
I love the waterfall, but I love waterfalls fullstop.
K20D and a few different lenses. Plus I'm a complete noob.
Posted 05/05/2009 - 23:45
Link
impotentspider wrote:
Nice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
I know! But there was a Nikon user standing behind me at the time
Nice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Posted 06/05/2009 - 23:49
Link
The waterfall is fantastic, looks like a delicate curtain. Nice!
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 07/05/2009 - 12:24
Link
Yup - I'm a sucker for waterfalls too. Lovely shot. I've gone down to 1/20th with hand held and SR and the shots were sharp - never tried 1/6th though. Seems to work well.
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
Posted 07/05/2009 - 13:05
Link
Kenty wrote:
I've gone down to 1/20th with hand held and SR and the shots were sharp - never tried 1/6th though. Seems to work well.
I surprised myself with this shot the other day - 2/3s handheld at 26mm. Absolutely fine at this sort of size. I've gone down to 1/20th with hand held and SR and the shots were sharp - never tried 1/6th though. Seems to work well.

K10D, 16-45mm @ 26mm, 0.7s, f/6.7, ISO100, polariser, handheld, shake reduction ON!
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 07/05/2009 - 13:16
Link
beakynet wrote:
impotentspider wrote:
Nice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
I know! But there was a Nikon user standing behind me at the timeNice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
And you didn't think to exclaim "oh theres muck on my camera" followed by a quick rinse under the waterfall
Posted 08/05/2009 - 00:10
Link
impotentspider wrote:
And you didn't think to exclaim "oh theres muck on my camera" followed by a quick rinse under the waterfall
If only I could have reached the waterfall! DA* lens and all!beakynet wrote:
impotentspider wrote:
Nice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
I know! But there was a Nikon user standing behind me at the timeNice shot for a handheld David, even allowing for the SR. But you didn't have to go as slow as 1/6th the get the water to blur
And you didn't think to exclaim "oh theres muck on my camera" followed by a quick rinse under the waterfall
Kenty wrote:
Yup - I'm a sucker for waterfalls too. Lovely shot. I've gone down to 1/20th with hand held and SR and the shots were sharp - never tried 1/6th though. Seems to work well.
Thanks for the comments, I have gone lower but 1/6th seems to be a safe limit for me - trick is not to breath!
Yup - I'm a sucker for waterfalls too. Lovely shot. I've gone down to 1/20th with hand held and SR and the shots were sharp - never tried 1/6th though. Seems to work well.
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Posted 08/05/2009 - 11:32
Link
I'll certainly have a go at 1/6th if I don't have my tripod with me. How did Daniel manage with 2/3 seconds???
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters
Posted 08/05/2009 - 13:11
Link
Kenty wrote:
I'll certainly have a go at 1/6th if I don't have my tripod with me. How did Daniel manage with 2/3 seconds???
I have used 1/4 successfully before (Low Light Pictures) and played with going as low as 1 sec! It is more luck when you get to this speed. You need to have feet apart elbows tucked in, hold you breath and hope that your heart beats before and after the shutter is released, not during!
I'll certainly have a go at 1/6th if I don't have my tripod with me. How did Daniel manage with 2/3 seconds???
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


829 posts
18 years
South East London
What do you think of these three, comments appreciated:
Evolution
DA*16-50 (Hand held @ 1/6)
In the blink of a bird eye
DA*50-135 (cropped)
Not a good shot as not sharp, he was having a dust bath. Was surprised when I looked at the photo, though it was dust, till I looked closer!
Golden Pheasant
DA*50-135, Metz 48 flash
Managed to get within three feet of this bird, he was on one side of a tree and I the other!
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon