Katzeye with Optibrite and AF Markings - K5 (€100)

robbiec

Link Posted 11/11/2013 - 01:58
Item for Sale
Katzeye with Optibrite (K-7, K5, K5 II(S), K30, K50, K500)

Asking Price
100 EUR

Item Location
Cork (Ireland)

Item Description
Katzeye with Pentax AF markings and Optibrite coatings. Ships with original box and accessories.

Thanks for looking. Please send me a PM if you have any queries.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
€5

Shipping Services
An Post (Trackable and Insured)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer is pays Paypal fees, and is responsible for customs duties if incurred.
My Gallery
Last Edited by robbiec on 11/11/2013 - 01:58

robbiec

Link Posted 14/11/2013 - 15:31
Bump, price is now €85 and I'll take a Movember donation of €5 in lieu of shipping. So you can upgrade your camera and have the feelgood factor of donating to charity
My Gallery

JonSchick

Link Posted 14/11/2013 - 15:36
In support, I love my Katzeye screen. Brilliant for manual focus in particular. Optibrite treatment works really well too. Combine with the OME 53 to transform your viewfinder! If I didn't have one already I'd buy this.....they're a lot more expensive new.

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/11/2013 - 17:03
Does it affect the metering?
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

robbiec

Link Posted 14/11/2013 - 17:13
Seemingly it does according to some. Must admit that I have not noticed any glaring metering issues personally. So Mike, the answer is yes it does but it did not affect me. Saying that I have used this in conjunction with a 50 f/1.2 for low light band stuff and I did not have any problems with spot metering where it seems to cause most problems.
My Gallery

giofi

Link Posted 14/11/2013 - 22:07
Mike-P wrote:
Does it affect the metering?

this is from their site:

The KatzEye™ focusing screen for the Pentax K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 and K-500 shows only a very slight effect on light metering. In our testing, the KatzEye™ screen tested within factory tolerance in nearly all situations. The only exception is when using spot metering with lenses having apertures of f2.8 or smaller. This combination may produce overexposure, so it is advisable to use either center-weighted average metering or multi-segment metering to preserve accurate meter response when using small aperture lenses. In the event that spot metering mode must be used with a small aperture lens, it is advisable to set an appropriate exposure compensation by reading the histogram of a test shot. Approximate exposure compensation values are as follows*:
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

robbiec

Link Posted 15/11/2013 - 11:23
Sold!
Thanks for looking.
My Gallery

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 15/11/2013 - 12:46
Darn
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.