K30 vs K5

dinneenp
Posted 27/11/2012 - 15:19 Link
I think it basically comes down to do you want the top level lcd and the extra external controls, both which the K-5 have.

I'm in Dublin this weekend so will try to play with both.
Then, when my K-7 sells I'll buy one. 99% sure it'll be the K-5.
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.
Simonmac
Posted 27/11/2012 - 15:24 Link
Yep

If I had the money it would be the K5.

Mac
cedricd
Posted 27/11/2012 - 19:03 Link
I have both but number one choice is the K5. Like it`s already been said put a long lens on the K30 and it feels a bit out of balance. hang the same lens on a K5 and it feels just right. Image quality! job to put a fag paper between them. I guess for me it`s the K5 with the K30 as a second body but only because I could not justify two K5`s.
Enjoy life
Posted 27/11/2012 - 20:32 Link
Both are great bodies, and both produce excellent results. But if price is not an option, I would choose the K-5 over the K30. Why? Apart from the superb build, the shutter on the K-5 is both faster and quieter (I did a comparison between my K-5 and the K30 in a shop) Also, the menus on the K-5 are slightly better too.
On the other hand, the K30 is about £300 cheaper, and still has the seals and dual dials for control, so I would fully understand getting a K30 and a Lens for the price of the K-5, A 16-45mm F4 or Cheaper limited (40mm, 35mm Macro and 21mm spring to mind) or the 35mm F2.4 or 50mm F1.8, or......(you get my drift )

I finally saw a blue K30 in the flesh the other day, it looks GREAT!

The choice is yours.
Some Cameras
Mal
Posted 03/12/2012 - 20:17 Link
Offertonhatter wrote:
the shutter on the K-5 is both faster and quieter
Your not wrong there , my K5 came today (upgrade from K-r) the first photo i took , i didn't think i had taking one , it was so much quieter than my K-r .

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo