K30 @ 305 on Amazon UK

milamber

Link Posted 07/05/2015 - 08:19
290 now. Almost tempted to return to a DSLR. That's a silly price

jemx99

Link Posted 07/05/2015 - 11:40
Great price for a great camera. How does Amazon work out their prices? With the WR kit lens it's way cheaper than body only!

DonaldM

Link Posted 07/05/2015 - 21:41
Dropping every day lately, but this must be near low as they can go, zany that there are still five available since this morning.
Do users think the aperture motor failure (amf) is a thing of the past? am tempted but amf puts me off

jemx99

Link Posted 07/05/2015 - 22:24
DonaldM wrote:
Dropping every day lately, but this must be near low as they can go, zany that there are still five available since this morning.
Do users think the aperture motor failure (amf) is a thing of the past? am tempted but amf puts me off

My K30 suffered from the dreaded AMF but it turned out to be only a minor inconvenience - got it fixed under warranty and it's back to it's fabulous self. It's an excellent camera, great results, looks good and feels very comfortable in the hand.

DonaldM

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 04:43
Now 275.53 !!
How low can this go ?

richandfleur

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 04:53
jemx99 wrote:
DonaldM wrote:

My K30 suffered from the dreaded AMF but it turned out to be only a minor inconvenience - got it fixed under warranty and it's back to it's fabulous self. It's an excellent camera, great results, looks good and feels very comfortable in the hand.

I'll +1 this. Mine failed and was replaced and has been fine since. For me it was progressive initially, so if I ever start to see it again I'll be moving the camera on quickly!

Is it a thing of the past? Yes I think so now. It only seemed to happen with the early models.
Similarly I haven't heard much on the spastic K-3 mirror flap occurrence lately either, and I believe this only seemed to affect the early models also.
(The firmware detected this happening and rebooted the camera, so not a core fix, but reports seems to have quietened right down now).

K-30? I'd say go for it. Essentially the well regarded K-5 16MP sensor and in a pretty zippy unit ~ as in the menus etc are all quite fast to action changes etc. I found it a huge step up from my K100d, with so many features added, such as video mode, focus peaking, the level etc. Overall I found the camera very nice to use and have taken much better photos from that upgrade. I'm still using it today

richandfleur

Link Posted 08/05/2015 - 04:55
DonaldM wrote:

As above. If you buy new you'll be under warranty. It was a free fix under warranty for me (just had to pay shipping there and back from New Zealand )
I wouldn't let this turn you off personally. It does appear to have only affected the early models, so buying this end of the product cycle should be fine.

The Kit lens (if the WR model) is stunningly good, and gives you a total WR package also.

DonaldM

Link Posted 09/05/2015 - 06:15
261.75 today with stock still showing 5 svailable, fascinating price slide dropping over 40 since this post began a couple of days ago

lennythelion

Link Posted 09/05/2015 - 11:56
260 for a water resistant camera, bargain.

Love my k30, it just fits the hand so well. Its small enough to fit camera, and a couple of primes in a very small bag.
Last Edited by lennythelion on 09/05/2015 - 11:56

DonaldM

Link Posted 09/05/2015 - 20:39
Ahem.... now 656.69

jemx99

Link Posted 09/05/2015 - 21:28
DonaldM wrote:
Ahem.... now 656.69

Crazy pricing!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.