K3 microphone socket damaged

georGTi

Link Posted 08/08/2014 - 21:14
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could help me. I have inserted a microphone jack into the camera's socket and when I pulled it out, the very tip of the jack remained in the camera!!! (basically the jack disintegrated)

Unfortunately, when I managed to extract the tip out of the socket, the retainer spring blade bent backwards and now I have lost the left audio channel when recording video, plus a significant amount of humming on the right audio channel (understandable, when considering the trauma the socket went through). Does anyone have any idea if this would be covered by the warranty (doubtful, really) or if it can be easily replaced? Does anyone know if there is a tear-down of the camera anywhere available just to get an idea oh how the audio socket is integrated within the camera?

Many thanks for your support,
George

Mike-P

Link Posted 08/08/2014 - 21:25
Very much doubt warranty would cover a microphone jack disintegrating in the cameras socket tbh and I can't see it being an easy fix either.

Household insurance has accidental damage maybe?

Personally I would bite the bullet and send it in for repair.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 08/08/2014 - 21:26

gartmore

Link Posted 09/08/2014 - 08:20
I have to agree with Mike, I'm afraid.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

georGTi

Link Posted 09/08/2014 - 10:22
Indeed, this is what I was afraid of... Oh well, I'll have to bite the bullet, then

alfpics

Link Posted 02/09/2014 - 17:14
I had a problem with the cable release where the tip got stuck in the old *istD. Its no good to you now, but I managed to remove it and posted how here;
link
Andy
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.