K3 ii & D-BG5 SPARES/REPAIRS please read

Puggy

Link Posted 25/02/2019 - 10:38
Hi All

After the debacle getting my 150-450 repaired I've decided not to go down the route of getting these items repaired, maybe an interesting project to one of you good folks?

The Camera and grip sustained water damage last Augustl in heavy rain. At the time I was being extra cautious and despite the brands renowned weather resistance camera and lens were shielded by a rain hood. I've no idea how water got in, my only theory is that perhaps the grip was over tightened and that somehow misshaped the seals. I left it to dehydrate for some extended time but no luck.

Camera. Everything works apart from the rear screen. You can take pictures, adjust settings and see that reflected in top screen but obviously can't change anything that requires the screen like formatting cards etc. Shutter count is a tad over 53k.

Grip. When you insert a fully charged battery and attach to camera (a different one with working screen) it displays "Battery Depleted" and switches off

All sold as non working, no batteries, chargers or accessories included although I can probably find the boxes

Looking for 100 plus fees and postage of your choice or let's say 120 total.

Listed elsewhere (at a dearer price)

Puggy

Link Posted 27/02/2019 - 19:21
Has bids on Ebay so please consider suspended
My Photos link
Me link

davidwozhere

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 01:10
The moral of this one is, "don't take a camera AND grip out in the rain."
I saw this on Ebay and had intended to mention it here, but you got in first. Thank you for the heads-up on this potential bucket of grief.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Puggy

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 19:33
davidwozhere wrote:
The moral of this one is, "don't take a camera AND grip out in the rain."
I saw this on Ebay and had intended to mention it here, but you got in first. Thank you for the heads-up on this potential bucket of grief.

Yep. I have to say I've had my kit out with no protection in worse weather and never suffered more than some fogging up when it warmed up. Perhaps it was naive to think that because the grip is also weather sealed it equalled a weather sealed combination doh!
My Photos link
Me link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.