K3 firmware update - does it wipe settings such as focus fine adjustments?

mattie

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 15:51
Hi all

I'm just about to update the firmware on my K3 from 1.11 to 1.2, no real reason other than to keep it up to date, but it occurred to me that this might wipe some of my customisation and settings.

In particular, I spent an age calibrating the fine focus adjustments on all my lenses and it would be a pain to have to repeat this - I could, of course, mount each lens and write down the setting, but there's a few to run through and I would have to do it twice (once to record, once to reset). It's also the sort of thing that I'd nause up due to my complete lack of attention to detail.

Does anyone know if the settings are flushed by firmware upgrade? Instinct says yes, but I haven't found a definitive answer on t'internet yet. If so, I'll hold off firmware upgrade until there's a compelling justification - the 1.2 upgrade allows the fancy functions around the 150-450 to be used, think it'll be a while - and a decent size lottery win - before I need to worry about that!

Cheers

JAK

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 15:55
Why aren't you upgrading to v1.30 which is the latest and enables PLM lenses?
I didn't notice any settings change when I updated.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 05/05/2017 - 15:56

wvbarnes

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 15:59
I've had a KX, a KR, a K5, a late K3 version 1.18 bought sold recently with 1.30 for the PLM lens, now on K3 II which only had the one update for my PLM lens. No updates (and i've done them all) have ever altered my personal settings.

mattie

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 16:09
JAK wrote:

I can only find 1.2 on the download list, scrolling down to firmware under K3, am I missing something?

(I am usually missing something, but thought I'd ask!)

mattie

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 16:10
wvbarnes wrote:
I've had a KX, a KR, a K5, a late K3 version 1.18 bought sold recently with 1.30 for the PLM lens, now on K3 II which only had the one update for my PLM lens. No updates (and i've done them all) have ever altered my personal settings.

Ta Bill and John, I'll upgrade firmware tonight.
Last Edited by mattie on 05/05/2017 - 16:11

wvbarnes

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 16:15
Link at http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/k3_s.html

mattie wrote:
JAK wrote:

I can only find 1.2 on the download list, scrolling down to firmware under K3, am I missing something?

mattie

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 16:39
wvbarnes wrote:

mattie wrote:
Quote:

Ta Bill, no idea why it's not on UK site, but perhaps should have figured the Japanese site would be more up to date!

wvbarnes

Link Posted 05/05/2017 - 17:01
In my experience the UK site has rarely been up to date. The parent site was better in Hoya era as well as present Ricoh era remains the place to go for latest stuff.

mattie wrote:
wvbarnes wrote:

Quote:
JAK wrote:

Ta Bill, no idea why it's not on UK site, but perhaps should have figured the Japanese site would be more up to date!

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.