K20D vertical banding
Posted 26/05/2009 - 19:55
Link
piotro wrote:
Great, not a full month after I've got mine K20D back from over a month long "repair" (probably one of the last ones before they outsourced it) and have exactly the same (looking) issue, and the season for airshows just started...
But the problem as gone? That is strange? I took some photo's of the blue sky lately and I never saw any banding.Great, not a full month after I've got mine K20D back from over a month long "repair" (probably one of the last ones before they outsourced it) and have exactly the same (looking) issue, and the season for airshows just started...
At what maginifaction did you start seeing it? What ISO setting did you use or is it visible in all ISO settings?
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
Posted 26/05/2009 - 20:01
Link
piotro wrote:
Great, not a full month after I've got mine K20D back from over a month long "repair" (probably one of the last ones before they outsourced it) and have exactly the same (looking) issue, and the season for airshows just started...
Have you sent it back yet or are you going to see what happens?
Great, not a full month after I've got mine K20D back from over a month long "repair" (probably one of the last ones before they outsourced it) and have exactly the same (looking) issue, and the season for airshows just started...
Tel,
Posted 26/05/2009 - 20:07
Link
It is not showing always, but it hasn't gone, it just needs some combination of ISO, or whatever else may be involved to make this issue happen.
Hasn't sent it back yet, just discovered it, PPing some photos from Southend airshow and "tada", don't really want to send it back , airshows seasons just started and I have some other trips planned and would like to have the camera with me...
Some example (as it was before, distinct strip at the left strip, and then banding over whole frame), plus some nasty dirt spot , that is not a problem anyway . Example (just did "equalize" it shows it very well):
http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pio4759banding2.jpg
Hasn't sent it back yet, just discovered it, PPing some photos from Southend airshow and "tada", don't really want to send it back , airshows seasons just started and I have some other trips planned and would like to have the camera with me...
Some example (as it was before, distinct strip at the left strip, and then banding over whole frame), plus some nasty dirt spot , that is not a problem anyway . Example (just did "equalize" it shows it very well):
http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pio4759banding2.jpg
Posted 26/05/2009 - 20:10
Link
piotro wrote:
It is not showing always, but it hasn't gone, it just needs some combination of ISO, or whatever else may be involved to make this issue happen.
Hasn't sent it back yet, just discovered it, PPing some photos from Southend airshow and "tada", don't really want to send it back , airshows seasons just started and I have some other trips planned and would like to have the camera with me...
Fingers crossed then
It is not showing always, but it hasn't gone, it just needs some combination of ISO, or whatever else may be involved to make this issue happen.
Hasn't sent it back yet, just discovered it, PPing some photos from Southend airshow and "tada", don't really want to send it back , airshows seasons just started and I have some other trips planned and would like to have the camera with me...
Tel,
Posted 09/10/2009 - 14:56
Link
Yup, despite having had the sensor block replaced, I've begun to notice the issue on shots from my K20D again. I'm not impressed - some of the pictures were taken on honeymoon. It's not happening as often as the first time around, but then it seemed to become a more regular occurance over time..
Posted 08/11/2009 - 18:08
Link
Posted 08/11/2009 - 19:25
Link
Moved:
[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/adrianpmills/imgp0479.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/adrianpmills/imgp0479.jpg[/IMG]
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



369 posts
18 years
London
http://piotr.zenfolio.com