Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K20D screen protector

womble
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:15 Link
Having just got my K20D back from repair, I'd like to fit some sort of screen protector. The screen had got badly scratched in my camera bag previously (which I could live with) before being cracked when sent flying by an over-excited small child.

I don't really like those sticky plastic sheets. Can anyone recommend something? There are masses of options on ebay etc. but it is difficult to know which would work.

Many thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
gartmore
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:12 Link
The Expert Shield ones sold on Amazon are 'sticky plastic sheets' but you can hardly see them and can stand up to a belt sander according to their youtube advert. You can take them off, wash them and put them back on.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Aero
Posted 10/05/2014 - 13:47 Link
Amazing coincidence. I'm packing up to move house and came across a "GGS DC Professional LCD Screen Protector". Looks like this one: linkI bought it a few years ago for my GX20 but never got around to fitting it. It's still in the original packaging. The instructions are all in Chinese but a diagram shows it's made up of six layers. Looks solidly built. You can have it for £4 including postage, if you're interested. Just PM me.

Cheers

Al
Edited by Aero: 10/05/2014 - 14:02
Eastridge
Posted 11/05/2014 - 11:58 Link
We have the sort Aero linked to on our bodies & have been very pleased with them.
Sharon's: K-x, FA35/2, DA 18-250.Glen's: K10D, DA100 Macro, 55-300, Paragon 500, Silk Pro700 Tripod
womble
Posted 12/05/2014 - 09:47 Link
Thanks all, I've taken Aero up on his kind offer. Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.