K20D Listed for £328.40 - But Beware!
Posted 30/07/2009 - 08:13
Link
Have you been to their "shop"?
I may be in that area later and could have a look
I may be in that area later and could have a look
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 30/07/2009 - 08:30
Link
No I haven't been to the shop as yet.
Their address is listed as
Marketwal
28 Tottenham Court Road
London
W1T 1BS
UK
But a Googling of that address returns PNR Audio Vision - maybe they are selling the K20D for that price? I might give PNR a call see what they know about the website.
Cheers
MZ
Their address is listed as
Marketwal
28 Tottenham Court Road
London
W1T 1BS
UK
But a Googling of that address returns PNR Audio Vision - maybe they are selling the K20D for that price? I might give PNR a call see what they know about the website.
Cheers
MZ
K5, K7, Nikon FA.
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link
Posted 30/07/2009 - 09:27
Link
If you use Mozilla Firefox web browser you can go to Help then Report Web Forgery and that will forward the web address to Google for them to check it out as a possible phising site!
Posted 01/08/2009 - 20:50
Link
There was a bit on the news along these lines today. Apparently Trading Standards are investigating a number of websites which although they have a .co.uk address are in fact based in places like China and are suppliers of counterfeit goods or worse.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


159 posts
18 years
Huntingdonshire
I went straight to the site and everything looks genuine - the store is based on Tottenham Court Rd and genuine UK phone numbers.
I tried calling to check stock - no reply or busy signal.
I did a search on the business name and discovered this on abountus.org
(Quote follows)
BEWARE!!! This company lists a fake address for it's contact details. It may be a "phishing" site for credit card details. "Marketwal is a customer focussed retailer of AV and IT products. Established in 2004, by enthusiasts, the company has established itself in the AV community through delivering exciting products having excellent value and providing total customer satisfaction. As a young and innovative company we continue to strive for new opportunities to develop the business of keeping “Customer Service” and “Total Satisfaction” at the forefront."
Needless to say I will not be trying to buy a K20D from this site!
Its always worth checking the credentials of any new website!!
Cheers
MZ
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link