K20D - image quality issues.
Posted 25/07/2011 - 10:16
Link
Have you tried changing the custom image settings? Try 'natural' and see if that is more to your taste. Or try shooting RAW
The 18-55 lenses are based on the same optical design, but different lenses may vary because of... well I suppose it's poor quality control!
The 18-55 lenses are based on the same optical design, but different lenses may vary because of... well I suppose it's poor quality control!
Posted 25/07/2011 - 10:27
Link
The first DA 18-55 is of poorer design but the DA 18-55 MKII, DA-L & DA WR share the same optical design with the WR having new coatings.
So the WR could be ever so slightly better because of the coating.
So the WR could be ever so slightly better because of the coating.
Posted 25/07/2011 - 10:32
Link
Also for JPG's set the sharpness to either 1 or 2
I have noticed quite a few people complaining about the WR lens.
I have the Mk2 which should be the same optically and it is
excellent.
I have noticed quite a few people complaining about the WR lens.
I have the Mk2 which should be the same optically and it is
excellent.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 25/07/2011 - 10:34
Link
Images looked good on the back screen. It is only when I looked at them today on the monitor they look over saturated and heavily processed. I am going to do a comparison between my k100d v k20d and two lenses DAL and WR.
All with default factory settings. That should give me some answers as to which one I should sell (preferably k100d + DAL although I love them both).
All with default factory settings. That should give me some answers as to which one I should sell (preferably k100d + DAL although I love them both).
Posted 25/07/2011 - 13:17
Link
Have you calibrated your monitor so not then you can't judge your photos on that.
Posted 25/07/2011 - 13:26
Link
I havent, but based on the photos from k100d which looked on screen identical to printed I assume the monitor is ok.
Posted 25/07/2011 - 13:48
Link
If it's a used camera it might be worth resetting the camera to factory settings if you have not done so already and start from there. I did that with mine and tweaked the jpeg settings until I was happy. I also use the 18-55 WR and find it performs very well.
Lee
Lee
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



258 posts
16 years
Glasgow
I have just got a K20D with 18-55 DA WR lens.
Not changing anything on the camera since I bought it (second hand), I have shot few pictures yesterday and I noticed that images look very saturated and almost over processed like.
Other thing is, is it possible that 18-55 DAL is sharper than 18-55 DA WR?
This is my impression so far.
Have anyone had any problems with K20d image quality or lens sharpness problems?
Thanks