K20D + 16-45mm Cheap? £484

Coriander
Posted 14/01/2009 - 13:41 Link
Park Cameras have zillions of things in their clearance section. I came across this and K10D items todaylink

Could be worth it for someone!

(P.S I have no connections whatsoever to Park Cameras by the way.)
K10D with Grip, 28mm,50mm,135mm,18-55,18-200,70-300mm, Meade 2000mm catadioptric, dodgy tripod and luck
hefty1
Posted 14/01/2009 - 14:11 Link
Can't see it on there so looks like someone's already snapped it up...

I notice there's a Ricoh GR Digital on there for £199 though - I've got one that's on semi-permanent loan to my Dad but it's a great little pocket camera if you don't mind the fixed 28mm (equiv) lens. Twin control wheels, f2.4 lens and RAW shooting in a tiny package - highly recommended!
Joining the Q
RR
Posted 14/01/2009 - 14:15 Link
Just had a quick look. Just to mention it's a refurb.
ttk
Posted 14/01/2009 - 14:16 Link
K10/K20D Grips are cheaper
Tel,
RR
Posted 14/01/2009 - 14:18 Link
It's still there Hefty. If anyones looking for a backup body there's a refurb k100d on there for £130.
hefty1
Posted 14/01/2009 - 14:28 Link
I must be going blind in my old age - or the price of the GR-D just stunned me...
Joining the Q
jon.dc
Posted 14/01/2009 - 15:27 Link
are they a good out fit.....
Somethings taken my eye
RR
Posted 14/01/2009 - 15:37 Link
Don't have any experience with them personally. They are a pretty big concern though & have a reasonable reputation iirc.
alfpics
Posted 14/01/2009 - 17:05 Link
Quote:
are they a good out fit.....
Have bought a few (small) things from them over the years. They are for real, and I believe good to deal with!
Andy
Andy
rparmar
Posted 15/01/2009 - 02:16 Link
The GR Digital is the one that takes 13 seconds between RAW shots and has noise even at ISO 100, right? I must wonder why anyone would choose that over a more standard p'n's. The newer model II seems to sort out some of those issues but costs more than a K20D.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
hefty1
Posted 15/01/2009 - 10:18 Link
rparmar wrote:
The GR Digital is the one that takes 13 seconds between RAW shots and has noise even at ISO 100, right?
Yes and No. Shot-to-shot timings in RAW are poor it's true (about 10 seconds but I've never timed it) but images at ISO 100 show no significant noise that I've ever noticed.

As for the "why?" part, it's simply the ergonomics and the quality of the output. I've owned/used several digicams and prints from the Ricoh are just a class above the others. It'll never appeal to sports shooters (or the majority of mainstream users) because of the speed issues and the fixed lens, but as a slip-in-your-pocket landscape / interior / event shooter it has no peer.

And the high quality optional optical viewfinder. And the fact it can use my AF360FGZ. And... well, I'm a fan anyway.
Joining the Q
rparmar
Posted 15/01/2009 - 14:18 Link
One nice thing about the camera is the ergonomics. There's a front and rear dial so you can fully control manual mode... just like in film days (or on a K20D) and unheard of on a point'n'shoot. The best of the Sigma (IQ of larger sensor) and Ricoh (ergonomics) should really be combined into one camera.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.
Tony-O
Posted 15/01/2009 - 15:41 Link
rparmar wrote:
The GR Digital is the one that takes 13 seconds between RAW shots and has noise even at ISO 100, right? I must wonder why anyone would choose that over a more standard p'n's. The newer model II seems to sort out some of those issues but costs more than a K20D.
Just want to echo Hefty,its one of the great little cameras out there.Its also pretty capable at macro.Tony-OComment Image

GRD ISO 64,1/176sec,f3.4
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.

It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
Edited by Tony-O: 15/01/2009 - 15:46

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo