Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

K10d Hair line on image

Spacus
Posted 11/09/2012 - 15:47 - Helpful Comment Link
Comment Image
Hi Guys,
Recently I have noticed a hair line at the top right corner of the photos taken with my k10d,
It does not seem to follow a particular lens. It happens when ever I zoom to take photos, I can correct it with editing software but it will be quiet a job fixing a lot of photos.
Please could this be dirt on the sensor, or the mirror? Could I use a blower to remove this?

Your advise will be appreciated
Thanks
alfpics
Posted 11/09/2012 - 16:24 - Helpful Comment Link
It looks like it is on the sensor - a blower should remove this. Make sure it is a rocket blower type that has a avlve that helps stop dust being taken in, and then blown out putting even more dust marks!!

Andy
Andy
bettyswolloks
Posted 11/09/2012 - 16:28 - Helpful Comment Link
As above. Its on the sensor, a quick blast from a rocket blower will shift it.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
senn
Posted 11/09/2012 - 16:32 Link
I don't think the mirror has any role in image capturing (I mean after shutter bouton is pressed). That must be on your sensor, .. try to move it with a blower or with a "sensor cleaner" you can buy in any photo material store. Look after "sensor cleaning" on YouTube.

regards,
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG
Spacus
Posted 11/09/2012 - 16:59 Link
thanks guys will try the rocket blower
fritzthedog
Posted 11/09/2012 - 17:53 Link
If it is a mark on the sensor - which I agree - it certainly looks like - why would it only appear when zooming?

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
womble
Posted 11/09/2012 - 19:21 Link
Actually, if you look closely -- well actually not all that closely -- there is quite a bit of muck on the sensor. It shows up so clearly on this image due to the small aperture.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
tyronet2000
Posted 11/09/2012 - 20:18 Link
womble wrote:
Actually, if you look closely -- well actually not all that closely -- there is quite a bit of muck on the sensor. It shows up so clearly on this image due to the small aperture.

K.

And did you notice it is in the shape of a question mark : Your camera playing "What am I doing to frustrate you now"
Regards
Stan

PPG

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.