K10D Digitital Preview

JoeColacino

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 14:54
When I compose the picture and focus and then move the power switch to digital preview, nothing happens. I can get a digital preview if I go to AWB in the function mode. How do you get a digital preview? Thanks, Joe

rparmar

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 15:16
I am not sure exactly what you mean. But that camera does not have LiveView. What it does have is DOF preview, in the same place that LiveView is on the K20D. Perhaps that is the confusion?
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

gartmore

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 15:25
If you are referring to the switch around the shutter button, it stops down the aperture to whatever the camera is going to use to give you an idea of depth of field. In other words, what is going to be in focus. If you can see nothing happening it may be because the lens is going to be wide open.

Select Av mode and select f16 and try again. The viewfinder will darken and you should see a deeper focus.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

JoeColacino

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 15:28
rparmar wrote:
I am not sure exactly what you mean. But that camera does not have LiveView. What it does have is DOF preview, in the same place that LiveView is on the K20D. Perhaps that is the confusion?

JoeColacino

Link Posted 27/03/2010 - 15:30
Thanks to both of you. Actually, I figured it out after I wrote my first comment. In the Custom setting, I had the setting to optical preview. I changed it to digital preview and it works fine. The manual for the K10D is not very clear on this. Joe
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.