K100d V Af240ft flash

marlon67
Posted 12/08/2008 - 12:22 Link
Hi I have been given a pentax AF240ft flash gun and I own a k100d could anyone tell me if this flash will work or do damage to my camera. I have read mixed reports but I still am unsure
Best wishes
Ian
Mannesty
Posted 12/08/2008 - 12:35 Link
The AF240FT flash will not damage your camera. I use 2 x AF240FT flashes on my K10D for macro work, no problem.

You will not however be able to use the flash's TTL capability as it's not supported by your camera. You'll need to use it totally manual, or one of it's 2 auto settings.

Set your camera to M on the exposure mode dial, shutter to 1/125 - 1/180th, aperture to f8 or f11 and take a few test shots. Use your histogram to adjust the aperture to get a good exposure.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo