K1000 repair question

photokid
Posted 24/05/2005 - 18:40 Link
I've already posted this in another forum but I thought I would try this one too. I in the process of cleaning my K1000, there is some mold on the inside mirror so I need to remove the top cover. However, i'm trying to remover the ISO plate and I'm not sure how to do it? I have the manual and I'm following it, but I'm not sure if I need a special tool to remove the plate, or if I'm just doing something wrong? Any ideas? :
Gstalker
Posted 26/10/2005 - 18:14 Link
You've probably figured this out yourself by now but here goes.

The ISO plate, as you call it is held on by a screw in the middle. It's that silver thing in the centre of the speed-dial. You need to obtain a tool that fits in the two holes.

You need to look out for screws with left-handed threads on cameras. These are usually, but not exclusively asscociated with the winder and frame counter. So take care. It's worth trying every screw both ways until you know which ones are that way.

I don't know what you mean by the 'internal mirror', If you mean the pentaprism, then you will have to remove it. The muck is probably between the prism and the focusing screen.

Important note here. Unless you know that you have a lubrication problem, and exactly where and what to clean and lubricate, don't oil anything. Much of the stuff inside the camera was designed to work without any lubrication at all. Oiling these parts will cause problems such as erratic shutter speeds, or may even stop it working at all.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo