Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K1/1 playing up

davidwozhere
Posted 31/10/2021 - 00:30 Link
Having released it by means of the playback button it has been OK since !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
davidstorm
Posted 03/11/2021 - 11:59 Link
A quick update on the issues with my recent ebay purchase K-1. After using the camera for around a week, the issue with the shutter not firing on the first exposure each day appears to have gone away. I'm suspecting the camera had been sat around for a long time not being used and me using it extensively over a short period of time has freed something up. It's now working perfectly.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
pschlute
Posted 21/11/2021 - 23:28 Link
davidstorm wrote:
I'm suspecting the camera had been sat around for a long time not being used and me using it extensively over a short period of time has freed something up. It's now working perfectly.

I solved a similar problem with my wine-bottle corkscrew using the same method.
HarisF1
Posted 03/12/2021 - 11:29 Link
My K-1 still gives me a black frame on the first click after being sat for a few weeks.

The second frame is perfect so it's a weird one.
All the gear with no idea
Benz3ne
Posted 03/12/2021 - 13:30 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
My K-1 still gives me a black frame on the first click after being sat for a few weeks.

Easy fix with this one.

Don’t leave it sat for a few weeks.
HarisF1
Posted 03/12/2021 - 16:19 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
HarisF1 wrote:

Easy fix with this one.

Don’t leave it sat for a few weeks.

Hey! That's the SDM fix!

Now if only my K-1 could respond to the SDM style massage too
All the gear with no idea
davidstorm
Posted 03/12/2021 - 17:04 Link
Mine is still occasionally doing it, but it's getting better with use. In a single shooting session, it never causes a problem on anything other than the first frame.

I also notice that if I turn it on after not using it for a period of time, then click into Live View, the shutter sometimes doesn't open, but this is just another symptom of the same issue. Again, after that first instance, everything operates properly and the camera takes perfect images.

I'm selling my other K-1 now, so this one will get more regular use.
Flickr

davidwozhere
Posted 05/12/2021 - 00:41 Link
I have another one for you. It affects the K3 as well. If you set the shutter release to IR remote and then ask the camera to do a burst of shots, it does exactly that when you press the remote. The problem is there's no way to make it stop! And no, this doesn't fix the original problem!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
davidstorm
Posted 06/12/2021 - 12:40 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
I have another one for you. It affects the K3 as well. If you set the shutter release to IR remote and then ask the camera to do a burst of shots, it does exactly that when you press the remote. The problem is there's no way to make it stop! And no, this doesn't fix the original problem!

I have a solution for this problem David. Don't do a burst of shots in IR Remote mode
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.