K-X Corkers
Posted 26/01/2014 - 05:22
Link
The Kx is a remarkable camera that produces wonderful quality images, as the above photos prove. Coupled with a decent lens it's as good as any 'enthusiast' DSLR.
OK, the shutter is not as quiet as the K5 etc. and it doesn't display the focussing points (a strange omission), but I LIKE IT!
OK, the shutter is not as quiet as the K5 etc. and it doesn't display the focussing points (a strange omission), but I LIKE IT!
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 26/01/2014 - 11:34
Link
Clearly a very capable camera, no doubt excellent value now, as are all Pentax models!
The last one stands well above the others I think. If these are camera JPEGs, I wonder does the K-x have a contrast adjustment? If so, I'd suggest reducing it a notch or two, contrast is coming over too strongly for these subjects I feel. If its RAW, then should be easy to knock it back, maybe also pulling highlights down as well?
The last one stands well above the others I think. If these are camera JPEGs, I wonder does the K-x have a contrast adjustment? If so, I'd suggest reducing it a notch or two, contrast is coming over too strongly for these subjects I feel. If its RAW, then should be easy to knock it back, maybe also pulling highlights down as well?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 26/01/2014 - 11:57
Link
The K-x has one of the best sensors Pentax have ever put in a camera, albeit 'only' 12mp. If anyone is on a limited budget and wants a DSLR, I would recommend it very highly indeed.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 26/01/2014 - 15:35
Link
I never understood the omission of the focussing points, to save about a fiver in manufacturing costs?
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1521 posts
15 years
They wanted bird photos for their leaflet
The majority of my images of the bird variety are with the K-x - dont use this camera much anymore but I wonder sometimes!
Check out ones photographs on Flickr!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/