K-1 ‘breathing’ query.

pschlute

Link Posted 04/03/2020 - 19:52
Looks to me like you have a good weather sealed lens together with a good weather sealed camera body, so that the air is expelled where the designers intended it to.

Where are you actually expecting that air to go ?
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

Benz3ne

Link Posted 04/03/2020 - 20:29
pschlute wrote:
Looks to me like you have a good weather sealed lens together with a good weather sealed camera body, so that the air is expelled where the designers intended it to.

Where are you actually expecting that air to go ?

My issue* is that I've seen no other comments from any K-1 users that it enters/exits through the rear dial, or with such ease. Similarly, haven't seen any comments regarding it being designed to exit at that point.

I'm expecting it to exit the body, but would have thought it wouldn't be directly from a dial/moving part. As previously, I cannot recall this being the case with 'lesser' cameras such as the K-S2 and K-70. The outlet/inlet of air on those two were much more subdued, for want of a better word.

*'issue' is strong, concern is probably a better word here.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 04/03/2020 - 20:33

HarisF1

Link Posted 04/03/2020 - 20:33
I think the concern is that the air is rushing out of the dial area much more easily than a normal K-1 allows. I can really feel the difference when zooming with all seals shut tight compared to having a seal open.

If there is a damaged seal on the K-1 then weather resistance might be compromised. The air rushing into the body might carry water if used in damp conditions, when normally this isn't as obvious a problem if sealing does its job.

pschlute

Link Posted 04/03/2020 - 20:55
Sent it in for a warranty repair ?
Peter

My Flickr page

Benz3ne

Link Posted 04/03/2020 - 22:50
pschlute wrote:
Sent it in for a warranty repair ?

Yes, at least it’s boxed to be sent back first thing tomorrow. The supplier is going to inspect it first so we’ll wait and see the first outcome there.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 04/03/2020 - 22:51

Benz3ne

Link Posted 05/03/2020 - 13:41
Posted this morning for arrival with the supplier tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too arduous a turnover thereafter! Especially as I've received a DA50/1.8 this morning and am already hankering to try it on FF!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 06/03/2020 - 17:54
Received by the supplier, inspected and sent off to their repairs team. Further updates in due course.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.