K-01 in de zeen

johnriley

Link Posted 06/02/2012 - 20:33
http://www.dezeen.com/2012/02/02/k01-by-marc-newson-for-pentax/

A different take on what the world thinks.
Best regards, John

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 06/02/2012 - 23:36
Some interesting comments below the article, too - but lets not go there! (Again!)
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

wvbarnes

Link Posted 07/02/2012 - 10:07
As long as Pentax continue to make 'engineered' DSLRs as well they can play away as much as they like with this toy like look.

Sony's update of the pellicle mirror for example is much more of interest as is the apparant progress on electronic viewfinders (I had a Konica A200 once and it was aweful through the viewfinder but brilliant on the tilting LCD for its time).

In turn I had a Canon G9, good LCD but the optical viewfinder was useless.

I'd just like to see a pentaprism not a pentamirror on the replacement for my KR when it comes along with a bit quieter mirror and shutter action. Ohh yes and the normal ergonomic look to the body and controls that Pentax has been rightly famous for for many years and drew me back to the brand.

cedricd

Link Posted 07/02/2012 - 20:56
Thanks for this link John.
Enjoy life

gartmore

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 08:44
I posted the same link in the other thread and it was derided somewhat
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

johnriley

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 08:51
I missed that Ken, didn't mean to duplicate. Perhaps feelings have just moved on and been replaced by an idea that Pentax might have something here.
Best regards, John

gartmore

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 08:53
I think the new camera is stunning and the layout of the controls very intuitive. Traditional great Pentax ergonomics.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

fatspider

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 16:33
I've not decided if I like it or not yet, maybe if and when I can handle one I may be in a position to decide, for the moment I can't get my head around the concept of a K mount camera without a mirror, its just not natural

In truth I suppose I'm not happy with the thought of change, I bought an old and rather battered ME Super on a whim the other day, I convinced myself it was for the attached lens but in reality I think it was more of a comfort thing
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

davem

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 16:53
fatspider wrote:
I think it was more of a comfort thing

I think we all reach that age eventually....
Last Edited by davem on 08/02/2012 - 16:53

gartmore

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 17:23
Ah, tea and cakes at Betty's...
Ken

jeffstclair

Link Posted 08/02/2012 - 18:02
Well they did'nt like it at all, out of the 12 coments I read 2 for 8 agin and 2 not sure .. I'd just like to hold one.. (go on Pentax send a few out)...... Jeff..

flat4

Link Posted 10/02/2012 - 06:37
I don't know why there's such a fuss around K-01's design. Marc Newson is a brilliant industrial designer and IMO he made a good job. My only regret is, that Pentax Ricoh didn't decide to squeeze in an EVF. That's all. The design is great and I'm sure it's ergonomics are good with a normal lens.

In the same time, I also hope pentax mirrorless series will evolve and offer also a more serious contestant, featuring higher framerate, BIGGER body and a good EVF... and only one body color. Time will tell.

Cheers, Luka
Link to my PPG
Last Edited by flat4 on 10/02/2012 - 06:37
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.