K-01 fault
Posted 06/11/2013 - 20:04
Link
Oh and just to add. The control dial has decided to come adrift!
I hear that this latter issue is somewhat common.
Very Frustrated!
I hear that this latter issue is somewhat common.
Very Frustrated!
Some Cameras
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:14
Link
I know John. Not happy. I know it is not SRS fault, just an issue with the design. I may actually go direct to Johnsons in this instance, as they are a mere 35 miles away, as in reality I was hoping to have the K-01 as backup for a job I am doing the end of next week. Timing is awful!!!!
If I can get it to them this week, and pick it it up in the morning of the event, I would be happy.
Even now I am looking at prices for a bargain basement body with the same sensor (K30 K-500) even though I was not planning to get a new body until April/May next year and the K-3. Such is the fact I do need a backup to my mighty K-5 that performs better than my K20D, hence the K-01.
If I can get it to them this week, and pick it it up in the morning of the event, I would be happy.
Even now I am looking at prices for a bargain basement body with the same sensor (K30 K-500) even though I was not planning to get a new body until April/May next year and the K-3. Such is the fact I do need a backup to my mighty K-5 that performs better than my K20D, hence the K-01.
Some Cameras
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:18
Link
I know it's no consolation, but there are no issues with my K-01 at all, around 7,000 shutter actuations so far.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:30
Link
It's got to be less than two years old as they weren't introduced until Feb last year so presume it is under guarantee still? (Probably depends where you purchased it.) Even if not the Sale of Goods act should apply - but that would be through the dealer, not Johnsons. If you deal direct you might break the terms of the contract.
John K
John K
John K
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:37
Link
Thanks for that John. It is a point worth mentioning. Hopefully Chris will give me the details, as it is only 6 months since purchase. My only concern is the time span. The Last time I sent a Pentax camera back via a retailer, it took 3 weeks.....Mind you it was old Jessops and my K20D for a replacement sensor under warranty.
Some Cameras
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:40
Link
At 6 months you ought to get a direct replacement or a refund. Trouble is I doubt SRS would have one, but surely can source one pronto.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-p...
John K
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-p...
John K
John K
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:49
Link
That is my concern John. The K-01 is no longer made, so getting a replacement will be an issue. But the sale of goods act should cover this. I may end up with a replacement in "smurf" blue instead as they are still made.
I won't say any more, as Chris is probably reading this, but hopefully will understand the issue.
I won't say any more, as Chris is probably reading this, but hopefully will understand the issue.
Some Cameras
Posted 06/11/2013 - 21:57
Link
I understand. I feel sure there are some bargain K-01's on the wholesale market. I bought one on Amazon a few weeks ago at a price I couldn't refuse; not a blue one either!
I thought it would be a poor camera but far from it. Not as sophistcated as a K-5 but includes some of the more recent functional enhancements of more recent DSLR's. I've been using it for night time shots where it is superb. The simpler button layout makes it easier when you can't see them!
John K
I thought it would be a poor camera but far from it. Not as sophistcated as a K-5 but includes some of the more recent functional enhancements of more recent DSLR's. I've been using it for night time shots where it is superb. The simpler button layout makes it easier when you can't see them!
John K
John K
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1172 posts
17 years
UK