K-01 - First Outing & Images

screwdriver
Posted 28/07/2013 - 00:52 Link
davidstorm wrote:
InFESTation wrote:
Some very nice shots, the shot I am drawn to is the teasels, just really like that one, have you tried or planning to have a pop at some macro shots with it?
I'm not sure that macro would be its forte as I think the focussing would be difficult. Not because it's not capable, but because focussing on such minute depth of field with the screen some distance from the eye might cause a problem. I will try it though and see because I may be surprised!

Most of the ones in this thread were shot one-handed - this is where the camera excels as it's very easy to take some quick shots this way, especially with the DA 40mm F2.8 XS lens attached which add so little weight.

Regards
David
The K-01 is also great as a studio camera on a tripod, in studio macro is a breeze as the focus peaking shows you what is in focus and exactly where the plane of focus is.

A cheap set of bellows and an old but decent 50mm lens (an old Takumar M42 50mm lens for instance) work at least as well as a dedicated Macro lens, and are a fraction of the price off eBay. As you have to stop the lens down with this rig, you can see the DOF your going to get with focus peaking and adjust accordingly.

Add a TTL flash off camera and every shot is a keeper.
Chris
Edited by screwdriver: 28/07/2013 - 00:58
Spodeworld
Posted 17/08/2013 - 17:00 Link
Using the LCD in bright sunlight is very difficult (not sure how much of a problem that is in the UK :lol, so I added a Delkin LCD shade which helps noticeably. And, further, focus peaking colors like the competition would be a big usability plus (but I started another thread about that).
Algernon
Posted 17/08/2013 - 18:01 Link
Spodeworld wrote:
Using the LCD in bright sunlight is very difficult (not sure how much of a problem that is in the UK :lol
That's a very Weatherist remark!

Coming down in buckets at present

---
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
dcweather
Posted 20/08/2013 - 19:35 Link
Love the boot shot. Perhaps one day we won't use DSLR's!
AlJones2402
Posted 17/09/2013 - 16:07 Link
Great set David.
1st and last I really like.
michaelblue
Posted 17/09/2013 - 17:07 Link
Stuey wrote:
Cool colour David I can understand why you may have lost it to your son

If you had bought a pink one he may have let you keep it
Ah.....but then his wife would probably nab it
Regards,
Michael
davidstorm
Posted 17/09/2013 - 20:32 Link
michaelblue wrote:
Ah.....but then his wife would probably nab it
Not much chance of that - she hates photography!

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo