Just one colour - Creative Lightroom
Posted 30/07/2013 - 04:49
Link
It's crass and cheesy. A bit of colour saturation tweaking can be creative to provide a mood, but when it gets too cheesy and clichéd towards colour popping ( i.e a degree of monochrome in the picture ) it's nauseous IMO.
Further the guy doing the video is spending far too much breath on minutiae I had to skip forward to get to the meat.
I'd rather spend 3 hours watching Riverdance
Further the guy doing the video is spending far too much breath on minutiae I had to skip forward to get to the meat.
I'd rather spend 3 hours watching Riverdance
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 30/07/2013 - 08:52
Link
As a relative novice, there are many techniques still to learn, and videos like that one can be helpful. Last week I experimented with PSP X4 to achieve a similar effect in a couple of images that I posted here - LINK. Frankly, if it is supposedly "cliché", that doesn't bother me - I enjoyed creating the resulting images and quite like the effect for those examples, as it seems so appropriate there.
Philip
Philip
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1563 posts
16 years