Just Got a helluva BARGAIN!


DaveHolmes

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 13:13
On my way to the station in Bradford, en-route to that London I stopped off at the city's last camera shop to drop off my A35 2.8 for repair...

As some of you know I've been in the market for a TC... They pull out a Pentax-F 1.7 AD converter... Is this the kind of thing you've been looking for? I'm asked...
Yes. Replies I, thinking it'll be well beyond my budget...
Fifty quid...
I may still be in possession of his hand...

WHOOP!
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

MattMatic

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 13:26


Wow! That's definitely a bargain
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

Stuey

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 13:30
Woo hoo
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 15:41
Nice one ,
. My Flickr

Blythman

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 17:15
A result
Alan


PPG
Flickr

fritzthedog

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 17:16
Quick - buy a lottery ticket
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Smeggypants

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 21:02
Should have offered him £40

hehe - but yup excellent bargain!!. Great when they come along. Emjoy
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

reso

Link Posted 16/02/2013 - 22:39
right place right time great bargain enjoy
k5iis k200d
8mm fisheye sigma 15mm sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 18-55 al ii sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 20-35 af tokina 28-70 atx pro ii tamron af 90 Pentax A 135 pentax F 35-105 pentax fa 50 1;1;7 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8 tamron sp 500
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

JohnMcD

Link Posted 17/02/2013 - 11:26
I'm not sure what the fuss is with these. If I'd been offered one for £50 which considering what they go for is a bargain I'd just bung it on ebay.

I had one for a while and sold it. Ugly useles piece of kit, image quality poor compared to the lenses without it. Really massivley overated. Autofocus range and speed was poor too.

I bet that once you's had it for a month you'll sell it.

geordie01

Link Posted 17/02/2013 - 11:40
JohnMcD wrote:
I'm not sure what the fuss is with these. If I'd been offered one for £50 which considering what they go for is a bargain I'd just bung it on ebay.

I had one for a while and sold it. Ugly useles piece of kit, image quality poor compared to the lenses without it. Really massivley overated. Autofocus range and speed was poor too.

I bet that once you's had it for a month you'll sell it.

I bet he gets more than £50.00 for it if he does

K10D

Link Posted 17/02/2013 - 11:52
JohnMcD wrote:
I'm not sure what the fuss is with these. If I'd been offered one for £50 which considering what they go for is a bargain I'd just bung it on ebay.

I had one for a while and sold it. Ugly useles piece of kit, image quality poor compared to the lenses without it. Really massivley overated. Autofocus range and speed was poor too.

I bet that once you's had it for a month you'll sell it.

Good to see a contrast in opinion on this item. Mine is exactly the opposite of the example you had. It brings to mind the comparison of the craftsman and the tool. I agree with your comment of the AF range. Shame on Pentax for not excluding the pre-focus requirement!

To think I paid over 200 for mine when even 50 was too much.

I'll put mine up for sale immediately.

Best regards

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 18/03/2013 - 01:05
UPDATE:

I spent half an hour experimenting with it this evening and it appears to work particularly well paired with my 'Pentax-M 40mm 2.8'... From the quick test I did (using a Coke can at ISO-5000) it appears (to my eye using only the K5's LCD screen) to give a slight increase in IQ!

I'll post something when I have a more interesting subject...

The M40 is not a lens I use often but paired with the F-1.7-AF-Converter it gives a FoV of 68mm which sits quite nicely between my FA50 and D-FA100mm macro lens... So it makes a little used lens more useful too!

Won't be going on ebay (or more likely the classifieds here) for a while...
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

mayday

Link Posted 18/03/2013 - 19:35
DaveHolmes wrote:
On my way to the station in Bradford, en-route to that London I stopped off at the city's last camera shop to drop off my A35 2.8 for repair...

As some of you know I've been in the market for a TC... They pull out a Pentax-F 1.7 AD converter... Is this the kind of thing you've been looking for? I'm asked...
Yes. Replies I, thinking it'll be well beyond my budget...
Fifty quid...
I may still be in possession of his hand...

WHOOP!

I take it we are talking about the Pentax-F 1.7X AF Adapter?
I wonder how much the A35 2.8 repair will be now they have read this!!
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
Last Edited by mayday on 18/03/2013 - 19:44

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 18/03/2013 - 19:54
mayday wrote:
DaveHolmes wrote:
On my way to the station in Bradford, en-route to that London I stopped off at the city's last camera shop to drop off my A35 2.8 for repair...

As some of you know I've been in the market for a TC... They pull out a Pentax-F 1.7 AD converter... Is this the kind of thing you've been looking for? I'm asked...
Yes. Replies I, thinking it'll be well beyond my budget...
Fifty quid...
I may still be in possession of his hand...

WHOOP!

I take it we are talking about the Pentax-F 1.7X AF Adapter?
I wonder how much the A35 2.8 repair will be now they have read this!!

The repair was £15 (just the postage) but it's still not quite right... They couldn't get the part they needed for a full repair but got the focus ring re-conected to the barrel... It needs to go to Harrow Tech I reckon (should've sent it there in the first place)
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

womble

Link Posted 18/03/2013 - 21:47
Bargain...!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.