Tel,

shim

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 15:28
Nothing to worry about..... I'm just Happy that "Like for Like" sales
of Pentax Grips went up by 1000%

shim

Mike-P

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 15:39
Quote: "Jessops' shares have dropped to just over 2 pence each from last night's value of more than 6p, as the chain continues talks with its lenders. At one stage this morning they fell as low as 1.5p"

Yikes, imagine if someone had the balls to buy 20 grands worth this morning at 1.5p.

Actually, I had I known I would have probably put my K-7 fund on some
. My Flickr

greynolds999

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 16:59
Had some Jessops shares for a while. I sold them around 4p so did OK.

I do think it's a worry that if Jessops goes there will be nowhere left. Although they are not brilliant, they are better than the altenative. A handful of independent shops (mostly in the South-East) and Tesco/Asda/Argos! Whilst we may think Jessops are poor imagine the look you'll get asking for a 'ND Grad in a P' in Currys!
My Photobucket

Anvh

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 17:28
Go to your local suplier, good they are more expensive but you atleast get service with most and they are happy with your money.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Oggy

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 18:33
Good advice if you have one Stefan

My nearest was twenty five miles and I have fallen out with them spectacularly.

Hope Jessops last long enough to send me my flashgun.

Mike-P

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 18:41
I notice the flashgun has gone from the website now.
. My Flickr

peteste

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 20:04
Yeah I think this spells bad news for all camera retailers - with internet sales, and *generally* poor service at bricks and mortar stores (I don't mean everywhere by any means) they might be going the way of music stores. What I mean is that only having HMV left on the high street is not good for anyone, other than 'here today - gone tomorrow' manufactured pop artists. The Pentax brand, like indie pop artists, has limited enough exposure as it is. Long live the independents
Pentax Km, DA 18-55mm AL II
---------------------------
Check out my blog, and follow me on Twitter

Oggy

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 21:44
Mike-P wrote:
I notice the flashgun has gone from the website now.

My order says "being processed". I'm not holding my breath though. Fortunately it was in the "rude not to at that price" and not "my continued existence depends on" category.

I too think that with prices going up in a recession things are going to be hard for the industry.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.