Jessops 360AFD problem

bigcog
Posted 29/10/2009 - 09:08 Link
Hi, hoping someone knows about this one. I have the above flash on my K10D, and it has been fine for quite some time. Now all of a sudden on the normal mode I use "S" when you start the flash up it says TTL then goes to manual, and then when you take a picture the flash does not go off. It's fine in the other two modes (i.e. >> flash or flash >>) but in this one the flash does not fire. Any ideas?
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
Anvh
Posted 29/10/2009 - 10:10 Link
The K10D does not support TTL, only P-TTL it's that simple.

You're asking about that right?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
bigcog
Posted 29/10/2009 - 10:59 Link
TTL been working fine so far and works in other settings, the trailing flash for example, but not the "S" setting, and this switches to manual and does not discharge the flash.
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
bigcog
Posted 29/10/2009 - 11:01 Link
you know what, please ignore me. I think I have been very dumb! The "S" setting is the wireless slave setting, so would not work, I must have been mistaken in thinking the flash was set to that previously. Doh
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
Anvh
Posted 29/10/2009 - 11:12 Link
Are you sure TTL is working since the K10D does not support TTL you see
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
stu49
Posted 29/10/2009 - 11:24 Link
bigcog wrote:
TTL been working fine so far and works in other settings, the trailing flash for example, but not the "S" setting, and this switches to manual and does not discharge the flash.
I thought the S setting was Slave !? Shouldn't u be using 'Flash>>', leading curtain ??

Stu - K10D | DFA 100/2.8 Macro | DA 55-300 | AF-360FGZ |

So much to learn... So little time !
Anvh
Posted 29/10/2009 - 20:02 Link
Stu read bigcog 3rd comment.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
stu49
Posted 29/10/2009 - 22:10 Link
Anvh wrote:
Stu read bigcog 3rd comment.
I saw that after I'd posted

Stu - K10D | DFA 100/2.8 Macro | DA 55-300 | AF-360FGZ |

So much to learn... So little time !
Rataegeoff
Posted 29/11/2009 - 00:19 Link
I have the same set up and for months it seemed the the jessops gun was being controlled by the camera. Then all seemed to go wrong with the exposures. With the help of guys on this forum I learnt more about flashgun control and realised that jessops should not have sold this gun (TTL) as being a good mate to the K10D.

I now also have a PTTL metz gun which works perfectly.

Geoff
K10D,KX, DA 18-55, DA 17-70 AL(IF) SDM, DA*50-135, Sigma 70-300, DAL 50-300mm, Kenko 1.5x, loads of SD cards and even more optimism
golfdiesel
Posted 29/11/2009 - 12:13 Link
Jessop claims that the 360AFD range are for digital camera's and have dedicated TTL, so it could be that it has P-TTL support.

You could take a close look at the contacts on the flash and camera. I had some oxidation on the camera hotshoe so my new Metz didn't make contact very well at first. After cleaning the contacts it works perfectly.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
peterwhit
Posted 05/12/2009 - 14:23 Link
Hi,I'm very new to digital photography and I'm looking on ebay for a cheapish flash for my K200d.Came across a Pentax AF200s.Never having used flash before,would this old unit be compatible for the 200?Is there any chance that it could in anyway damage the camera?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo